Weird Realities

"No..please." I begged.

My heart raced furiously. I couldn't find my breath. My lungs struggled for air.

"Never say no to me. Clear? Clear." He voiced his body that was not accepting any struggle from me. My hands were pinned to the wall at my sides. His forehead rested against mine.
He was everywhere yet I saw nothing of him. I felt suffocated.

Air. Air. Air.

I longed for it until his scent drowned me to unconsciousness.

-It's a beautiful night. We are laying on the grass. His arm stretched wide for me to rest my head on it. We stare above into the sky. "All of the Stars" by Ed Sheeran resonates in our ears out of nowhere. Our eyes explore the millions and millions of stars scattered around the only moon.

"But what's this moon?" I wonder lightly.

He laughs..oh..his laugh rings my bells. He knows. He knows that I'm thinkin' about the galaxies and milky ways, the planets and the heavenly bodies..far away.

"What are they to us?" he asks softly.

I know that he's referring to the significance of moon for our planet. There. His thoughts always wander to the sea. To the tides. He loves water. I love him.

"Is it us that matters only?" I whisper.

"Yes." He smiles.

And again. I know. I know that nothing matters. The quiet and calm of the night, the soft breeze playing with my hair, the moon and the stars, the galaxies and the milky ways, the planets and the heavenly bodies. Nothing. As long as our hearts beat for one another. Because a heart is the only thing that captures the infinities of this world in a small space and molds them to bow down to one emotion central to this world: Love.-

I opened my eyes. Black. The color of deceit and evil.

"No..please." I squeaked in the dark. My voice rippled the still air. No response. A familiarly unknown scent dissolved itself into the still air.

I got up and opened my eyes wide, forcing them to adjust to the dark. And then I spotted it. A gleam of silver. Grey in black. His eyes.

I gasped and closed my eyes. My heart picked up pace. I remained still for some moments and reopened my eyes. Black. The color of depth and secrets.

I got up and realized that it was my bed that I was leaving. My room? I reached for the lamp and turned on the light. No one. Just me.

I parted the curtains aside and saw street lamps struggling to cast light in this foggy night. A chill of cold went through me so I replaced the curtains. The clock on the wall said 3:25 am.

That's when I lost it. I sat on the floor at end of my bed, hugged my legs to my chest, rested my head on my knees..and cried.

Who was he? Was it a dream? No. How could everything be a dream? I know I saw a dream. But it was about galaxies and stars. But how did I came to my room? What happened to me? What is happening to me? And there was somethin' about not saying No? Oh mom. MOM! Where's she?? God.

I hurried to my feet and rushed out of my room. Running downstairs, I reached the door of her room and slowed down. If she's there, I don't want to wake her up. Slowly, very slowly, I turned the door knob and peeked inside. There she was, sleeping soundly in her bed. Thankfully. I tiptoed to her and kissed her cheek softly. Then I returned back to my room. That's when I saw it.

An envelope. On my bedside table. Was it here when I woke up? But then..I was not in my senses back then. As I drew closer, I noticed something else with it, my drawing. From the class. How come these things lie here by my bed?? I wanted to cry loudly.

I picked up the drawing and my eyes explored it. Undoubtedly, it was beautiful. I don't boast but my mother says that I've got magic in my fingers. I looked at it. It was a sketch of a girl standing amid large cases of water holding marine life. Her hand rested on one of the glass walls intertwined by the hand of a boy hugging her from the back. Wonderful starfishes and dolphins surrounded them, separated only by a wall of glass. It was fascinatingly beautiful. I smiled until I saw it. A small inscription at the bottom of the paper. It was an elegantly italicized script. I squinted at it and read.

A beautiful business, though. I like it, Miss Claire.

Two minutes passed until I realized that my lips had parted open. This is not true. I sketched this long before he talked business with me. This is not my writing. He was here. For real. But why? Why me?

I sat on my bed in confusion, anticipation and frustration. Then I saw the envelope. Furiously enraged, I tore it open and snatched out the sheet of paper.

"I hope you see it one day, beyond the skyscrapers of Amsterdam, you see it, the way our horizons meet. Because,
MISS CLAIRE, I HAVE FOUND YOU."