Chapter 11

Frank's P.O.V.

I stare blankly at my ceiling and I attempt to sort through my thoughts. I notice the stick on glow in the dark stars that are still there from my glow in the dark phase I had when I was seven. They seem to be the only I can concentrate on for my thoughts are completely consumed by a certain musically talented redhead that I spent the afternoon with.

I am too socially inept to actually believe that I could even fit in with his social group. I am still wary that this could be some sort of dream or prank. My thoughts are jumbled because of this. He seemed so real when we were composing songs today so I'm going to assume the best of him. I could really see us becoming good friends. Perhaps that is why I am so wary of the situation; I have never had any close friends. Sure I had my friends at school but my relationship with them was a distant one. They didn't know me as well as they think they do. The scariest thing is that Gerard knows the real me more than they do. That simple fact has me at the point of indifference.

"Frank!" My mother calls me down for dinner. Gerard had said I could stay for dinner but I thought it was best not to.

"Coming." I call down as I take the steps two at a time.

"What are we having?"

"Fettuccine."

I smile as she places the plate in front of me. "Thanks mum, looks delicious."

"Thanks sweetie, eat up."

I dig my fork into the pasta and shove it in my mouth without the slightest care if I looked like a pig devouring my food.

"So how was school today?" My mother asks, just as I shove another forkful into my mouth. I hate how they do that; they ask you a question and expect you to answer when you just put food in your mouth and if you do answer you get told off.

I chew rapidly and swallow the half chewed food. "Good, I guess."

"What did you do after school? You were home later."

I shrug my shoulders and brace myself for the onslaught of questions that will follow my response. "With a friend."

Her eyes widened in confusion and surprise. "You have friends! "

"Don't sound so surprised. "

"I-i'm not, it's just that when do you hang out with friends?" She speaks exaaperatedly.

"Since they asked me." I retort sardonically.

"Oh, okay." She says slowly.

I place my utensils on my empty plate excusing myself to take my dishes to the kitchen. My mother is still staring at me as I make the ascent up the stairs. When I have reached my room I am glad to have evaded my mother's further questioning.

I grab a book and switch of the light, opting to use the bedside lamp. I delve into the story and use it as a much needed distraction after the hype of my day.
_________________________________________

Hi. I am so so sorry I haven't updated but it has been a hectic few weeks. I just moved house so I haven't really had time to write and now I'm just getting over a stomach bug.

My phone also crashed so I wasn't able to get on here for 5 days.

I hope you had a Merry Christmas.

Have a Happy New Year!

So long and goodnight, until next time my fellow Killjoys.

~Wallflower