Part Seven

The sky was clean as plain blue canvas, embellished with thin and flimsy clouds around the incandescent sunlight. Harry didn't check his clock, but he bet it was already past ten in the morning. He rolled to the shadowed side of his bed, covering his face under his long hair. Molly had given up scratching his cabinet, pushing the casement open with her small paws and seeking the breakfast by herself. Harry let out a quiet sigh, brushing his fringe aside and looking up at his tiny room. His fingers fell as he noticed the half-blue rose on his desk.

Harry still didn't plan on moving his body, neglecting his phone buzzing aside his pillow. For the past few days he had been pretending ill in his room and avoiding all the interactions with any of the people in the house. In the afternoon he would sit in the middle of the herb garden until the sun disappeared into the horizon. And then he headed back to the house, skipping the dinner and spending the rest of evening in the library. He didn't want to talk or even see anyone. Taylor knocked on his door last night, but Harry just put on his headphones and hid himself under the blanket.

It was pathetic. Harry finally pulled his body away from the mattress, biting his nails and staring at his wardrobe in a trance. Prisoning himself inside his room wouldn't help him feel better, but Harry didn't have any motivation to walk through his door. Laziness and frustration fettered his ankles. Harry managed to stand up and opened his wardrobe, trying to find a piece of cloth that could boost his emotion a bit.

He left his room eventually, hovering in front of the entrance before he stepped into the dining room. To his relief, Zayn wasn't in there. He made himself a cup of tea, sitting down next to the floor to ceiling windows as Kalisha approached to his seat.

"Good morning, Kal." Harry greeted leisurely, sipping his tea quickly that almost burned his lips. Kalisha crossed her arms and sat down to the opposite side of the table, looking steadily at Harry without a word.

"Do you need me to get you something?" Harry asked brightly. "I woke up pretty late, not sure if there's anything left in the kitchen –"

"Enough, Harry." Kalisha stopped him, "What's wrong with you recently?"

Harry raised his pitch blissfully, "Who – me? I don't know what you meant. I feel fantastic. Is everything all right with the unicorns? I hope the problem has been solved."

"Their condition is way better than yours. Don't change the topic." Kalisha snapped, "Taylor said she tried to talk to you yesterday, but you wouldn't answer the door. You'd better give me a rational reason to explain your impoliteness."

Harry stopped stirring his tea, faltering his voice, "I'm sorry. I will apologise to her in person."

"You should, dear." Kalisha soothed her tone, "But seriously, Harry. What happened to you? You've been acting strangely after my class. Can you tell me why?"

She interlocked her fingers under her chin and waited for Harry to answer. Harry stuttered, keeping his head down to stare at a stain on the table. A few quiet moments passed, Kalisha sighed and put down her hands. "I also asked Zayn about what happened when you guys left my classroom. His reaction was the same as yours. Did you have an argument? I thought you had a lovely chat with him that almost interrupted my class?"

"I will deal with my problem with him." Harry promised. He was a bit surprised that Zayn didn't tell her anything. "I'm sorry for my behaviour these days. It won't happen again."

"Zayn was really worried about you, though."

"Oh." Harry muttered, forgetting to hide the bitterness in his voice. Kalisha raised her brow, straightening up to look at Harry. "I don't know what's going on with two of you. But whatever is happening there, I hope it's just temporary. And you should come down and have dinner with us again. Zayn shared a lot of interesting experience with us, and I think it would be great for you to have a listen."

"Fine."

Kalisha sighed again, "I'm not blaming you, Harry. It's just...I wish there wouldn't be any conflict inside our coven, alright? Especially at this moment, we're supposed to unite together. Zayn will be part of us really soon. And – maybe I was wrong, but according to what I've seen, he's done nothing but showing his best kindness to you. So you should repay him the same he deserves."

Harry didn't reply. He found it ironic that nobody seemed to care about it when the other witches purposely distanced him.

"Can you do that, for the coven, please?"

"Yes." Harry finally gave in. "For the coven, of course."