Chapter 13

Phoebe's POV

I felt myself start to wake up, my eyelids feeling incredibly heavy and were hard to move, almost like concrete.

My eyes suddenly opened and I saw I was in a dim room, but lying on a bed. I raised myself up, propping my weight onto my elbows and looked around the room.

It was a bedroom, quite a large one at that. The room had white furniture in it, but there was not that much furniture for the size of the room. There was two chest of drawers, a table beside the bed, a table and two chairs and a wardrobe.

I swallowed, feeling a bad taste in the back of my throat and I got off the bed, my steps being stumbles for the first few seconds and then I regianed my balance. I walked quietly to the other side of the room, placing my hand around the handle of the door.

Pulling it, it wasn't surprising that it was locked. I sighed, and walked back over, sitting down on the bed.

How many hours had I been out?

I peeked out of a window and saw that it was still pitch black outside and I felt panic start to spread through my system.

"Is anyone there!" I yelled, going back over to the door, trying the handle again.

"Oh my god." I said, resting my forehead against the door.

"You're awake then?" Someone said from the corner of the room and a yelp left my throat as I spun around and saw Alex leaning againsy a wall on the opposite side of the room.

How had I not seen him?

"What's happening?" I whispered. I was scared to make my voice any louder because he would then hear how shaky it really was.

"Your friends are causing an awful lot of trouble for us tonight... usually at this time, all of the guests will be dead." He said and I felt my heart start to beat uncontrollably.

"But it's four hours to sunrise. There's still plenty of time to catch them." He said and I swallowed.

"You mean... they are all still alive?" I asked and he nodded and I let out a sigh of relief.

They were still alive...

Michael was still alive...

"I wouldn't get my hopes up if I was you Phoebs." He said and I cringed when I heard the nickname he used to give me.

"Why am I here? Why am I not being chased like the others?" I asked and he smiled, folding his arms.

"One way or another Phoebe, you're going to take me back." He said and at this I let out a short laugh.

"Take you back? You really think I'm going to take you back? At the moment, you are chasing my friends and my boyfriend through your estate to kill them, you attacked me in my own home last night... why would I take you back?" I yelled and a dark look glazed over his eyes and he raised an eyebrow.

"Well you may not see it yet, but soon you will." He said, advancing towards me.

I saw that the way he was walking towards me was blocking my escape route, so before he could take a hold of me, I dodged his grab and jumped onto the bed, running over it and trying the other door.

But it was locked as well.

"Shit!" I yelled out and he laughed, amused by my attempt of an escape.

"Do you really think I would have left the door unlocked?" He said and I ran towards the table and chair and picked up a chair, holding it out in front of me.

"I swear to god, Alex. Let me out." I said and he looked at the chair and then at me and laughed even harder.

"What do you think you are going to do with that?" He said and I didn't answer, not knowing what I was going to do with it.

He came towards me again and I stepped backwards until my back was tight against a wall.

"Just give up, Phoebs..." He said, quietly and then I raised the chair and brought it down over his head.

He yelled and fell to the ground and out of his pocket fell a key.

I lifted it and ran to the door, sticking it in the lock and twisting it until I heard a click.

"You are dead!" I heard Alex yell as he lifted himself from the ground and I ran out of the room and down the hallway.

"HELP!" I called out as I ran, but of course no one heard me. I could hear Alex gaining on me and I tried in vain to get to a flight of stairs that looked like they led to a door into the outside of the estate.

I reached the top of the stairs when I felt Alex grab me, but he lost his balance which caused both of us to tumble down the stairs.

I landed at the bottom, on the marble floors with the air knocked completely from my lungs. I lifted my hand up to my head and felt a warm substance oozing and mixing in with my hair.

Alex groaned from beside me and I tried to stand up, but immediately fell down again, the blow to my head causing me problems.

He then got up onto all fours and I felt him grab my ankles. I whimpered and in one last attempt tried to get away from him, but I was helpless as he pulled me closer to him.

He climbed on top of me, his legs on either side of my body, pinning me down and leant down to my ear, goosebumps breaking out on my skin when his breath stung my ear.

"You're going to regret you ever did that, Phoebs." He said and he grabbed a handful of my hair and banged my head off the marble flooring and everything went black.

A/N

Hey guys!

Sorry this is so short, I've been busy with schoolwork and work and a whole lot of stuff but it's nearly christmas which means I'll be able to update this more and my other books!

Hope you guys enjoy! x