Chapter Nineteen

I woke up the next again morning with my body still attached to machines and my mother nowhere to be seen. The room was eerily quiet and I really wanted to get up and walk around; but that's a bit stupid when you've got thousands of tubes flowing in and out of you.

"Oh good, you're awake." A cheery nurse smiled as she bustled into the room with a trolley of food. "I've brought you some breakfast." Putting it into the tray, she sat me upright and swiveled the tray round to sit in front of me. "Try and eat it all up sweetie, you've been through a lot. If you want to watch some TV, the remote is on the cabinet." I glanced side wards. "Someone will be with you shortly." I thanked her and she left, rattling the old rickety trolley off the door frame and giggling at herself. Looking down and taking in the smell of the food made me need to puke. It was mushy and lumpy and I'm assuming it was probably about three years out of date. It looked horrifying.

"Morning Mila." The lowkey hot doctor wandered into my room and stood at the end of the bed, ready to talk to me. "We have your blood tests results back and so far so good, but we're still going to keep you in overnight again. Hopefully tomorrow you can go home."
We turned to the door as my mother walked in looking rather ruffled and hot.

"Hi honey, how are you this morning?" She smiled, attempting to fix her hair and fanning her face.

"I'm okay."

"I was just explaining to Mila what's happening; and that she might be home, all going well, very soon." The doctor told my mother.

"Well thank god for that." She smiled and plonked herself down on the seat beside my bed.

"I'll come check up on you in a little while." He said before leaving. As soon as he was out of earshot, I pushed my bowl of porridge away.

"I'm sorry, but I really can't eat that." My mother grinned as I screwed my face up.

"I didn't think you would want to, so I brought some breakfast with me." Pulling a box out of her bag, she handed me it and opened it up. The delicious smell of a McDonald's breakfast engulfed me and I shut my eyes; heavenly goodness.

"You are the best mother ever." I took a bite and every chunk just hit every taste bud right. "Where's dad?" Crumbs fell out my mouth. My mother sighed heavily and lent back into the chair.

"I told him to take a break. He's really mad about this whole thing, and work has been driving him up the wall, so I told him to take Matías out of school for a few days and go on a little vacation." She smiled sadly. "So it's just me and you, pal." Since when did my mother call me 'pal'? I tucked into my breakfast and thought about it. It was probably a good idea to let my dad blow off some steam before we came face to face again, and at least Matías was getting attention, it'd kinda been all on me these last few weeks.

"I also talked to Luke's mother." I choked on my breakfast roll as she announced it.

"What?" I spluttered, taking a swig of orange juice.

"I had to do something Mila. He can't treat you like that and get away with it. So I went and spoke with his mother, she was less than impressed by his behavior. That lad is in serious trouble."

"Oh mum, now it's going to be worse!" I groaned, "everyone will think I can't stand up for myself."

"Well Mila, I wouldn't have been a very good mother if I'd let it slide, now would I? It's my job to protect you and make sure that you're okay. I knew you were upset about this and hurt and so that boy must face the consequences of his actions."

"But everyone is going to think I'm lame now. That I can't stand up for myself and I just go running and crying to mummy about it."

"Mila, there's no shame in telling people when something is wrong. I'm glad you told me. Because if you hadn't, you probably would've let it slide and let people fuck you over." It was always a bit funny when she swore and I giggled a little.

"Mum, you don't understand! Now they're going to think I'm like a stupid little girl."

"Mila, I feel I did the right thing as a mother, and I know at this precise moment you probably think it's stupid and embarrassing, but you'll thank me later. His mother is going to have very stern words with him and he's going to apologize for treating you in such a vile way." I slumped back in my bed; lip petted like a bratty three year old. I knew she was looking out for me but now everyone would think I was lame and he now had to apologize. Everyone at school is going to give me so much shit.

"Mila there's something else we need to discuss." I listened my mother. "Your father and I, well we've had a bit of an agreement, or a disagreement to that fact. And we've decided it's best we take a break for a while."
"You're splitting up?!" I shot up and almost pulled a machine down.
"No we're not separating, but your father is very stressed at the moment and feels he can't be there for us when we need him to be; he took Matías away for a while so they could spend some time together and then he's going away on business for a month. When he comes back we're going to sort this all out."

Oh for fucks sake.

~~~~~

Hey guys!

I'm so sorry this is such a crappy update and it's not that long but it's more of a filler!
Thank you so much for 3k reads and all the votes and comments!

-ImJustFabu