Disappear (Pt 1 and Prologue)

Hey, Little Scales c: Yes, that's what I decided to call you, I guess, this is my first piece of extended work, officially. School gets busy sometimes, and so does social life (I have none, so don't worry your pretty little heads about that xP) So I may not update as much as I'd like.

Gajeel: Hey! Get on with it already, you're keepin' 'em waitin'....

As ordered by the overly eager Black Steel himself, The Fic shall begin, I will try my hardest to get it right... and maybe get a few nosebleeds in the process... A girl can dream, goddamnit! Enjoy it while it lasts <3

REMINDER:

SPEECH IN BOLD

THOUGHTS IN ITALICS

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's 12:45 and the guildhall, as always, is loud and rowdy. You are sat at a wooden table, amongst the craziness, seemingly oblivious  and preoccupied by your thoughts, staring into the table and pursing your lips. You absent-mindedly scratched at the wood as you day dreamt.

A face appeared in front of you, thus breaking your stare. You blink rapidly and focus on the figure before you. Cana Alberona, she looked concerned for you and stared at you intently, leaning over the table on her elbows and still not letting that flask of ale out of her grasp.

"(Y/n)? You okay? This table is no doubt gonna be flipped in a minute." When you nodded slowly in response, she took a swig of ale, got up, and walked off to get another drink.

'I should probably move, knowing the boys, I'll be turned into a projectile...' You thought, gathering the will to stand. You sigh with a smile and look at the (F/c) guild mark on your thigh, you run your fingers over it.

'That's Fairy Tail though.. .Stay in one place for too long and you will become a prop for the others to launch at each other.' 

You are broken from fond thought as you and the table are sent flying by an over excited pyro.

Bracing for impact, you cringed but you didn't feel a thing, only something warm and muscular. You opened your eyes to find yourself looking up at the chiselled jawline of a very handsome Dragon Slayer.

"Gehehe, almost got toasted there, huh?" It was Gajeel, he looked down at you, smiling and blushing. A rare and very fortunate occurrence for such a manly guy, especially Black Steel Gajeel.

You smiled faintly back at him, (E/c) eyes burning with affection, this tough, illusive Dragon Slayer was smiling at YOU, it dawned on you that you were staring at him and you blushed, furiously.

"C'mon, you guys, get a room." whined Natsu, who was staring at you, cracking his knuckles, obviously not bothered that he ruined a moment.

"Shut it, Fire Breath." Hissed Gray, who was watching also, cautiously, watching Gajeel's every move.

An unfamiliar silence fell across the hall, everyone was watching in awe.

"What's all this silence, Brats?" Muttered Master, pushing his way through the crowd past Natsu and Erza, who still looked stunned.

You and Gajeel realised you were still staring at each other and Gajeel was still cradling you. He snapped out of his loving stare, instantly dropped you onto the stone floor and stormed out.

'Wow, and here I was thinking he liked me...' You thought, as you laid there on the floor, dizzy from the impact, tears brewing in your eyes. Gray stepped over to you and took you in his arms, watching you closely with a glinting shard of concern in his gaze.

"I'm going to make that bastard pay, don't worry (Y/n)... I promise." He said, practically foaming at the mouth.

"Put me down, would you?" You replied, there was much more hostility in your voice than you'd hoped, Gray looked at you with surprised eyes, he had never seen you on the offensive before and it scared him. He placed you down gently and held you incase you fell.

You walked out into Magnolia's town streets and begin your search for Gajeel, your thoughts turned to Gray. You regretted speaking to him like that, but seeing as Gajeel was shy with his emotions and often ran off in embarrassment, you had to get out quick enough to have even the slightest chance of finding him.

'It's not your fault, Gajeel, I would forgive you for anything...' You thought, tears stang in your eyes and you began to sob, uncontrollably. You blindly roamed the streets, crying and calling for Gajeel, no luck.

"Gajeel, don't leave... You mean something to me, everything... I feel so safe around you, don't leave me now..." You whimpered, crashing to your knees, wailing like a toddler. You managed to pull yourself to your feet and shuffled on,  whispering his name. 

You ended up in the fields, roaming aimlessly, kicking your feet at the ground, ripping up clumps of the short grass as you cried. 

'Where do I look? For Mavis' sake, Gajeel, you are so hard to read? Why are you so mysterious around me?' You weeped and wiped your forehead to brush away your (H/c) tresses in frustration. 

Footsteps rustled in behind you, you figured it was just Natsu or Gray and ignored it, you couldn't be asked to answer to them, not until you found Gajeel. 

"Leave me alone, Natsu, I'm not in the mood... Go home, please." You sniffed, stopping in your path to sweep away tears from the apples of your cheeks. 

You can sense the figure get closer to you, despite your pleas.

You growled and silently cried, all that could be heard was your breathing hitching as you cried, finally losing the last of your energy and you crashed to the floor, giving up on your search.

"Hey, what's all this crying for?" Whispered a husky voice, and rough hands took you by the shoulders from behind.

You know this voice...
————————————————————

So that's that, Little Scales, sorry for leaving it so abruptly, dw, there is more :3 And I guess I have to make it up to you now <3 Thanks for reading xP