Chapter 31 Almost Happily Ever After

Mae smiled at her new chambers. She had finally gotten her own rooms. No more secret doors locked by her twin, no more restrictions.

Meanwhile, Eliza had reopened the access from the classroom to her chambers and added in a door, connecting her chambers with Severus'.

The Golden Trio had not yet managed to speak with the Potions' Mistress although it'd been weeks, and were quickly giving up, seeing as it was time to study for the end of the year.

Hermione and Ron were whispering to each other as they noticed Harry had once again disappeared right after supper. He claimed to have these secret advanced classes with Dumbledore, but when they reached the gargoyle guarding his office, it claimed the old man was out of school.

Suspecting there was something the boy wasn't telling them, they would return to the Common Room and study.

***

Severus heard a loud gasp from the lounge connected to his and hurriedly made his way to the woman sitting in one of her dragon hide armchairs.

Her book had been thrown onto the floor and she leaned her head back in the seat, mesmerizing green eyes shut tightly.

A cold, pale hand rested on her swollen abdomen. Her index and thumb of the other hand, held her forehead.

The man smiled to himself at the sight.

"What is it, beloved?" He asked, his baritone voice gentle and soothing.

Eliza sighed. "The baby simply cannot wait to get out of there." She smiled and gazed at the man before her lovingly. "I can't wait, myself."

The Defense Against the Dark Arts professor walked over to her and kneeled, so that they were eye to eye. He took her hand from her face and pressed a kiss to her palm.

The woman smiled again and pressed her hand to his face, caressing his cheek.

The former Potions' Master held her hand in his again and cleared his throat. "Marry me, Liezar?" He asked, his face deadpan. Nothing could expose how he was truly feeling. He had on the emotionless mask that he always had with the students and other staff.

"I'm sorry, what did you just say?" She asked, not entirely sure she had heard correctly the first time.

He nodded. "Marry me. I know it's rather ridiculous, considering the circumstances, but I truly wish to marry you. Spend the rest of my life having you as my wife and be a proper father figure to our children."

Eliza's eyes sparkled. "Of course!" She squealed joyfully, a rare and breathtaking smile gracing her snow white face and delicate features.

A single tear fell from her eyes and rolled down her cheek, passed her chin and onto their joined hands.

"When are we to be married?" She inquired, excitement filling her tone.

Severus smiled at his new fiancée's eagerness. He knew he'd made the right decision.

"As soon as possible." He whispered and they shared a sweet kiss.

***

"No, I'm sorry. I haven't seen Mr. Potter anywhere." Sir Nicholas sighed, breezing passed Hermione and Ron.

Hermione let out a sigh of exasperation and sat on the stairs. "I give up. Where could he possibly be?"

The two Gryffindors heard rapid footsteps and moved out of the way as they caught a glimpse of Professor Snape running up the staircase, making his way toward the Headmaster's office.