Chapter 21 Stupid Cupid

Bursts of pink, red and white streamers, balloons and confetti assaulted Severus and Eliza's eyes early that morning.

"Abso-bloody-lutely brilliant." The man groaned.

Eliza giggled and looped her arm with his. "Severus, darling, it's only a bit of decoration. Don't you know it's Valentine's Day?"

"Don't remind me. The place is usually full of singing dwarves and what not." He retorted.

The woman pressed a kiss to his cheek and sat down in her seat at the High Table.

Severus pulled out her chair and made sure she was comfortable before sitting down himself.

Halfway through breakfast, the singing started and many of the students were blushing or singing along and having lots of fun.

The Potion's mistress' face lit up with a giddy smile when a dwarf dressed as Cupid handed her a large bouquet of white roses with one large red rose in the centre and an envelope.

Placing the roses on the table, she opened the envelope and pulled out a card adorned with two snakes intertwined making the shape of a heart.

Her smile growing, she opened the card and a few happy tears rolled down her face.

My sweet, sweet Lieazar,
I know you aren't fond of cheesy poetry or nonsense rambling so let me put this in the simplest way possible.

I love you more than I have the words to describe, but I shall try my best to tell you. I love you more than even a house elf loves freedom. Every time I see you, I feel my heart swell and my eyes lit up like a child's on Christmas. When I hold you, my heart beats erratically and you are all these wonderful things that I could never be. You are a proud, cunning, knowledgable and truly loyal woman. You have so many talents. One of them being that you've soften the stone man. For that, I am eternally grateful. I've said it before and I will say it again, Eliza. I love you.
Always,
Severus.

"Oh, Severus! You positively wonderful man!" The woman turned to him and held him tightly against her. Leaning back, she pressed a small kiss to his lips. "Thank you." She whispered, her words heartfelt and loving.

In return, he offered her a small smile and her heart stopped. She wanted to stop time and stay in that moment forever.

However, as fate would have it, Minerva knocked over her morning tea and spilled it all over Eliza's chest and lap, soiling her Valentine's card.

She let out an angry scream that silenced the entire Hall.

"MINERVA!" She yelled.

Wide eyed, the older witch turned to face her and noticed what she had done.

"Oh, dear! My apologies, I wasn't watching what I was doing!"

Eliza glared at the woman, staring daggers into her eyes. "Evidently."

"Let me clean you up!" The Head of Gryffindor insisted.

"Don't touch me!" The spiral haired lady snapped. "I can take care of myself, just because I'm pregnant doesn't make me incapable of cleaning myself up. Nor does it render me incapable of this."

In one quick motion she splattered the witch's porridge all over her chest and poured pumpkin juice on her lap.

"My apologies," Eliza spat venomously. "I wasn't watching what I was doing."

All McGonagall could do was stare, as the Slytherin grabbed her gifts and left the Hall angrily.

Chuckling, Dumbledore offered the Transfiguration professor his napkin.

Severus stood from his place and ran after Eliza.

***

"So much drama these days." A lazy voice drawled. "Tell me, cutie, will you come to the dance tonight with me?"

Annalise made a face. "In your dreams, Malfoy! I have a boyfriend."

"So be it, you're lucky Bornean. You've got the girl, you're Quidditch Captain and Headboy. Take advantage of it." The blond spoke, his voice filled with what seemed like malice.

He was up to something and Garrett did not like it in the least.

***

"Eliza! Eliza, slow down!" Severus called out, as he chased her down the corridor.

The witch kept running, she didn't want to face anyone. Not even the man running after her.

Tears streaming down her face, she turned a corner, not realizing that there were two men coming around the same corner.

The woman collided with someone's chest and strong arms gripped her elbows, steadying her.

Looking up, she took notice of blue-grey eyes and long, white blond hair. Cursing mentally, all she could do was close her eyes and fall forward, leaning her forehead on the man's chest.

Surprised, the man didn't move. He stared as sobs racked her body uncontrollably.

He turned to the other man, shrugging.

Suddenly around her corner came Severus. He stopped dead in his tracks, taking in the scene before him.

"Lucius, Minister Scrimgeour." He acknowledged both men as he realized who they were.

"Professor Snape, what seems to be the issue here?" The Minister for Magic asked, gesturing to Eliza who had fistfuls of forest green robes in her hands, tears streaming down her face and no control over her emotions.

"A situation has been taking place over the past few days and Professor Barron is in the middle of it." He replied. His heart broke a little at how helpless she looked, but anger and jealousy spurred within him at the sight of her in another man's arms. Especially, a man who'd wanted her before.

"I see." The Minister replied. "Well, I suggest you take care of this then."

With that, the man walked away, leaving the other two men behind to deal with Eliza.

"Eliza, I think it may be best if you go with Severus now." Lucius said quietly.

She nodded and tried to straighten up, her balance wavered and thank Merlin someone had a hold of her, or she would have fallen.

In a smooth movement, the Dark Arts professor scooped her into his arms, carrying her bridal style.

Eliza rested her head on her lover's chest and listened to the soothing sound of his heartbeat.

"Your assistance is appreciated." Severus said to his fellow Deatheater. The blond man nodded, concern evident in his icy eyes.

"Lucius," The woman whispered. The Deatheater approached cautiously and to listen. "Your son's a royal git."

Smirking he replied; "That isn't any news, I knew that already."

"Here's what you don't know," she raised her voice a little. It no longer wavered. Her voice was strong. "He sold me out to the Dark Lord, he told him I was expecting a child and that Severus knew I had been alive this whole time. I'm going to die, Lucius. Because of your son, the son you wish for Severus to keep safe."