Chapter 22 Wrong Place Wrong Time and All the Right Answers

"No wonder I haven't seen you all day. You've been hiding." Severus said as he entered Eliza's bedroom.

The woman shrugged, hiding behind her covers and turning away.

"Eliza..." He whispered, his voice careful, not wanting to upset her.

She pulled the covers over her head and quiet sobs took over her body.

Walking around the large bed, the man kneeled beside her so that her face was equal to his.

Slowly, he pulled back the comforter and pressed a gentle kiss to her forehead.

"I know." He spoke tenderly, stroking her hair.

After a while, she calmed down considerably and looked straight into ebony eyes.

"I love you, Severus." She managed, her throat constricted with emotion.

A tiny smile appeared at the corner of his lips. "And I you."  He replied.

The curly haired woman leaned forward and placed her lips on his, allowing her love for him take control of her actions.

***

"You are atrocious." A blonde man spat. "A disgrace to the Malfoy line."

A younger replica of the man sneered. "Oh please, if I didn't sell her out, who would have? Don't you see father? This brings me one step closer to being accepted by the Dark Lord."

"Don't be smart with me, boy. I'll have you know that that woman is one of the most crucial parts of this plan and now you have foiled one of the most essential parts in taking over the school." Lucius angrily stated.

His son opened his mouth to speak again, but the man cut him off.

"I refuse to speak to you until you make this right. I'm taking away all you have until you correct this mistake."

"Father-"

"I suggest you get started now, Draco."

***

Newspapers, books and almanacs were spread all over the library table where the Golden Trio were seated.

Harry replaced his glasses after rubbing his eyes and he focused in on the clock on the far wall.

"Merlin! It's already passed hours!" He exclaimed.

Hermione frowned. "Don't be silly, Harry. Madam Pince would have warned us."

Ron shook his head. "Mate's right. Check the time, 'Mione."

The Prefect turned her head and her eyes widened. "Crickey! You're right! We'd better take all this to the Common Room then, boys."

Packing up their papers and leaving the library as quietly as they could, they tiptoed through the hallways. Unwanting to be caught by teachers, they slipped under Harry's invisibility cloak.

They jumped at the sound of laughter as they passed the kitchens. Hermione left the safety of the cloak and leaned against the stone wall, ear pressed against the portrait door of the room.

"'Mione!" The boy with glasses hissed.

The redhead's eyes bulged from his head. "Are you completely mental?"

"Shh!" The girl warned.

More laughter was heard and an involuntary shiver ran down the Gryffindors' backs.

Harry too, approached the door and placed his ear against it.

They heard muffled speaking, followed by more laughter that subsided to mumbling once again.