Chapter 6 ~ Exposure

(Gore and violence warning.)

One o'clock in the morning. Almost witching hour, for some, but it is.......tart of a new opportunity for those .................te shift at the HOLOMAKER factory. Lucky souls from bot.........er and underground are welco...........oin the force that....

.... You were lined up with a group of humans, armed to the teeth with weapons and blunt objects. The factory was dark and the machines were dead as the night outside of the building. One of the humans turned to you, tongue licking their teeth and eyes hungry for blood.

"Find them all." It growled, the voice splitting into some strange demonic gargle. "Let's make some fucking powder."

They all ran into different directions, and you stood there, awestruck and nailed bat in hand, as you heard the shrieks, roars, and screams of monsters ring through the factory floor. You ran to the far right corner and hid away from the massacre, and in the corner you felt something brush up against you. Turning you saw Frisk, eyes wide and lips trembling.

"I told her I wouldn't do it." She whispered through large tears. "I promised I would never hurt a soul."

The way she spoke- desperate, shaky, mindless- forced you away and soon you were running for the warehouse.

"Sans." You heard yourself hiss out loud. "I have to find him. I have to find him."

Something yanked you into an open box of parts, and it was a face you could barely recognize.

-Are you human?-

It asked with an urgent tone, then disappeared as the shouting of more men and women came flooding toward you. You shrank further into the pile of plastic benches, feeling your head go light as you started to hyperventilate, chest beating wildly as they stepped closer and closer to you. You felt something grow hot, and you looked down to see your hand burning with its magical flame.

"Monster!" A man was standing just outside the box and was staring at you with white, glowing eyes. He reached in as you screamed, taking your burning hand and yanking it toward him. You flew out of the box and he held you down, licking his lips and breathing heavily over you. You kicked and shrieked as more circled you, groping and handling their choice of arms and licking the dust off of their hands with a senseless lust.

"Stop! I'm not a monster... I'm not a monster..." Your sight went hazy as you started to faint, still flailing your legs to keep them at bay. They started to swing, hitting you and smashing the bones under the flesh. Your screams rasped your voice until it was nothing more than a wheezing sob as they continued to beat your body down, ignoring the blood spitting on their faces from the open wounds. Seeing the muscle tissue being torn and the bone splinters protruding from your chest, you shut your eyes tight to the violent madness.

They know I'm bleeding. Why can't they see?

I'm.. I'm not a monster...

"I'm not a monster anymore...."

You opened your eyes to darkness, body returned to its original state, and not a soul in sight. You stood up and tried to find something- someone- to no avail, until the same ghostly figure appeared again.

-(y/n).-

The name left you winded, and you stumbled back. "What... Name is that?"

-It was yours.- The figure seemed somber, like he had done something or said something he deeply regretted. -It was yours when your family came to the caverns for safety.-