That is why, as soon as she spotted the white van with the familiar logo on it, she knew exactly where she was going.

"Hello, my name is Lea Matheson. I bring the flower arrangements for the we..." She trailed off, remembering that she wasn't supposed to use that word. "Event, I bring the flowers for the event" she quickly corrected herself. "Are you Francis?"

The security man that was waiting for her nodded and reached for his radio. He backed away from Lea's car to hold the conversation in private, which made her frown in frustration. She was beginning to think, especially since the streets were quiet and rather deserted, that the whole secrecy thing was being taken a bit too far.

She was expecting a little more people hovering around. Maybe a few members of the free press lurking in the bushes trying to get a glimpse of the elusive couple. Because they had to be at least famous. Otherwise, she just simply couldn't see the point.

"Take a turn to the left on the next exit; follow the road until you reach the parking lot, right? You'll find another security bloke who'll be expecting you."

Lea smiled and thanked the man for his help before she proceeded to follow his instructions. And just as she was driving away from him, she heard him reciting her license plate through the open line of his radio.

"What the hell..."

The parking lot became visible within seconds, and the other security employee appeared behind the gate, signaling her to move forward with his free hand.

"You can park over there." He said when she got close enough, pointing at a free spot between two cars. Fortunately, Lea thought, the spot had a very decent shade, courtesy of the giant tree towering from the other side of the fence.

When she was properly parked on her designated place she got off of the vehicle and she texted her mother, letting her know that the first part of the job was done. She had managed to arrive with impeccable timing, and she didn't screw up the security part.

Perfect. Now, ask for the best man.

Her mother soon replied. And Lea frowned again. Taking care of the flower arrangements was never a part of the best man's job description and she was sure that her mother got that wrong.

I know it's unusual. But they were specific about that. He wants to receive the flowers personally.

"Okay, then." She huffed under her breath and began scanning the big area, looking for any kind of man that could seem to be the one she was looking for. She figured he would be wearing a suit and tie, but she couldn't find anyone fitting that description hanging around the vicinities.

After a few seconds, she just gave up and turned around to open the back doors of her vehicle, making sure that the flowers were in the proper conditions before going through with the final part of the delivery.

"You must be the flower girl, right?"

Lea was bent over with half of her body inside the truck, and when she heard his voice, she got so startled by it, she jumped off her feet. The dull noise and the shooting pain on the back of her head told her that she'd smashed it against the roof; and as she rubbed the injured area, an unrepeatable curse came flying out of her mouth.

She tried to stand straight and turn around to face him, but her head felt suddenly light and clouded. The heat and the blow clearly made up for a terrible combination.

"Oh, no! I'm so sorry..." He said, clearly concerned and regretful for sneaking up on her like that. Of course, it wasn't his intention to disturb her, let alone got her hurt, "I didn't mean to do that. Are you alright?"

One of his arms twisted around Lea's waist, and she could sense the hesitation with which his other hand would grab her by the arm, trying to help her steady herself. She felt embarrassed and annoyed, so she tried to push him off; make him know that she was fine and in no need for his assistance whatsoever. He had already done enough as it was.

But the dizziness of her head made it impossible for her to do so. And, as her mind took another spin, the bouquet she was holding in her hand until then slipped out of her grasp and met the dusty ground.

She whined and leaned on the bumper, taking a seat and still rubbing the back of her sore head. The pain was subsiding by the second but the whimper was mostly because of the scattered flowers at her feet.

"I guess that answers your question for me." she finally managed to articulate, staring at the mess. She surprised herself by sounding so friendly about it. "And yes, I'm alright... don't worry about it."

His hands, she noticed, were still on her. And the grip seemed to have gotten a bit stronger than before. She made the attempt to look up at her creeper's face but the sunlight beaming straight into her eyes drove what felt like tiny needles straight through her skull.

She winced and lowered her head once more, opening her eyes only when she was sure that the pain had gone completely.

"You don't look alright, love." He talked again, letting go of her arm only to trap a loose strand of her hair between his fingers and place it carefully behind her ear. She noticed the cold metal of a ring gracing her lobe, and she shuddered under it.

Taken aback by that feeling she pushed away and looked straight into his eyes. And in the span of a single fleeting second, she understood absolutely everything.

It wasn't because of the groom and bride that this event was so discretely approached. It was because of him and the chaos that would surely be unleashed upon them, should the press were ever to discover he was there.

But for her, he didn't mean what it meant for them; to her he wasn't the famous guy who couldn't take a step outside without being swarmed by screaming fans or esurient paparazzi waiting for him to make a wrong turn so they could point a finger and their flashing, unforgiving cameras at him.

To Lea, he was the boy who used to work at the bakery shop just a town over. He was the reason why she used to talk her mother, ever so fiercely, into driving four extra miles to get what she called the really good stuff.

To her, he was the boy she used to have a secret but powerful crush on for years; the boy who one day decided to leave his hometown behind and went off to fulfill his wildest dreams all around the globe.

"You're the best man..." She meant for it to come out as a question, though it came as if she was stating this truth to herself.

He smirked and quickly reached for one of the flowers lying on the ground before them.

Lea was simply staring at him, perplexed and unable to snap out of her shock. She could practically hear her own thoughts racing through her mind, begging her to react and get on with her duty.

"I am. My name is Harry." He said, dusting the white rose he had just picked up to then carefully slide it in the buttonhole of his black jacket. "And it is a pleasure to meet you, flower girl."