Late Night Check

It was 3am and Phil was asleep. Dan, just next door, through the thin walls in his bedroom, could hear the reassuring sound of Phil's light snoring.

He couldn't sleep and so he had resorted to the darkest depths of Tumblr. In his bed, in the scrolling position, Dan looked through the multiple pieces of Phan art and and had read some Phan fiction. He thought it was cute how so many people shipped them and they didn't even know how right they really were.

Dan got up, something he rarely did, and walked over to Phil's room. He lightly knocked on the door then opened it. Phil was a heavy sleeper and so he didn't wake as Dan entered the room. Swiftly, Dan was able to find his way around the room in the dark, with the only moonlight shining on Phil.

He kneeled down beside Phil and watched him for a moment. Watching the literal ball of sunshine that had saved him back in 2009. Been his first real friend in 18 years. Then slowly transforming into something more than just a friend, though they kept it a secret. After a few moments, Dan carefully pushed Phil's fringe to the side and kissed his forehead.

"Goodnight, Phil," Dan whispered.

He stood up again and was about to leave when Phil spoke up.

"Dan..." Phil spoke, "Stay..."

Dan looked over to Phil who was practically begging with his sad shimmering blue eyes.

"Of course," Dan answered.

He walked over to the other side of the bed and shuffled in next to Phil. He wrapped his arms around Phil from behind and placed his head on Phil's shoulder, snuggling up to him.

"I love you, Dan," Phil whispered, his eyes closed.

"I love you too, Phil," Dan responded.

In only a few moments, they found each other's warmth so relaxing that they drifted into sleep in each other's arms.