O N E

Bethany Stone stood in front of CCPD with a small smile on her face. She started to open the door, but someone came out in a rush knocking her down causing her coffee to get all over her arms and shirt.

"Oh my god! I am so so sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going. I will give you money for new clothes. God I feel so-"

"Umm...I'm good actually." She said shaking the coffee off her hands. She attempted to pull herself up, but the mystery man held his hand out for her with a concerned expression on his face.

Bethany gladly took his hand allowing him to help her up. Her face scrunching in disgust at the uncomfortable feeling of the coffee becoming sticky.

"I uh..here." The green eyed man said holding out a wad of cash.

"Oh no you keep your money. This was getting small anyway. I'll just go home and change." She said laughing awkwardly. Bethany was about to turn away when the guy stopped her.

"I actually have extra clothes up in my lab. I'm Barry by the way. I mean it's the least I can do. I promise I'm not a creep I work as a forensic scientist here. No worries." He rushed out obviously not sure what to do.

"I guess...It beats going back home. I'm Bethany." She held out her hand earning a grateful smile from Barry who shook her hand. "So a forensic scientist hmm? Sounds cool aside from the dead bodies." She shivered at the thought.

Barry gave her a lopsided grin as he opened the door for her. "Someone has to do it."

He tried his best to shield her from embarrassing comments from the officers milling about. He quickly ushered her upstairs. She stood in the doorway of his lab looking curiously at everything.

She sighed unbuttoning her sticky shirt. Luckily for her she didn't get her pants wet. Maybe a little of her bra, but what can you do about it now?

"I uh only have this dress shirt, but I'm sure it'll fit." Barry said avoiding looking at her, and that made Bethany smile.

She took the shirt glad that it was a dark color since she had on a black bra. Black on white? Nope. She noticed Barry rocking back on his heels looking everywhere, but at her damp towel in hand.

"Barry?" She said getting his attention.

"Hmm? Oh right. I got this for you as well." He said handing her the towel. "You can change in here. Just let me know when you're done. No one will see you I promise." His face was a little flushed, and Bethany giggled.

"Such a gentleman. I wouldn't be opposed to you staying." She gave him a wink.

Barry choked back his surprise causing Bethany to burst out laughing.

"I was kidding. I'll find you when I'm done."

"Oh uh right uh yeah...I'll just yeah." He gave a little laugh tripping over his own feet in his efforts to leave the room.

Bethany quickly pulled off her top really just wanting a shower. She wiped herself down real quick slipping on Barry's shirt glad to be out of that body hugging clothing. Why she wore it she didn't know.

The shirt hung off her small frame as she buttoned it up. She quickly glanced at her reflection in the window rolling up the sleeves.

"Hmm...not too bad. I like it." Bethany smiled smoothing it out. The soft fabric felt amazingly nice. Definitely better than the scratchy feeling of the blouse. She went out into the hallway with a huge smile on her face.

"Thank you Barry!" Bethany said kissing him on the cheek before quickly heading down the hallway. "You're a life saver!" She called turning around at the top of the stairs. "I owe you one."

Barry called after her, but she was already halfway down the stairs. He tried catching up, but she had been engulfed in somebody else's arms. The arms of Eddie Thawne.

Barry watched with a heavy heart. Were they together? They better not be because Eddie and Iris are he thought getting angry. He slowly went over ready to pounce on Eddie. No one hurts Iris.

"Hey Eddie long time no see!" Bethany smiled at him. Barry smirking when Iris walked over obviously annoyed. Eddie smiled at her about to introduce Bethany when she went ahead, and introduced herself.

"I'm Bethany. A friend of Eddie's from back in high school. He used to be picked on so I was there to cheer him up. We're like siblings. Practically siblings I guess right Eddie?" She added a little too much information to Eddie's liking, but that was Bethany for you.

"I should've been looking out for you, but yes we are. Bethany this is Iris she is my lovely girlfriend." He said proudly wrapping an arm around her.

"Nice to meet you Iris. He's good to you right? I'll kick his ass if he isn't. Pretty woman like you deserve a good man."

"Yes he's good to me no worries. I just moved in with him actually." Iris smiled leaning her head on Eddie's chest.

"I'm happy for you both. Iris we need a girls night. I can tell you all about high school Eddie." Bethany and Iris both laughed while Eddie complained like a child.

"Oh come on. Not this again."

"Eddie we need you. There's been a break in!" Joe called causing Eddie to quickly part ways following his partner out the door.

"Who was that?" Bethany asked.

"That was Joe West. He is my dad."

Bethany nodded not really sure what to say.

"Are you wearing Barry's shirt?" Iris asked a confused look on her face.

"Hmm? Oh yeah. He bumped into me ruining my shirt so he let me borrow this one." She said checking it out once again.

"Hey guys." Barry interrupted smiling.

"Well hello again." Bethany said with a smile.

Iris looked between to two. "Are you two?" She asked motioned a finger between the two.

"We...uh no...I just..." Barry stumbled over his words so Bethany stepped in.

"We are just friends. Well more like acquaintances really, but I don't think it matters, right Barry?"

"No it doesn't." His perfect smile caused Bethany to swoon.

"I have unpacking to do. See you two around? I'd ask if you wanna help, but who really wants to spend time doing that with me."

"I can help I'm free." Barry said with a shrug. "I was just about to leave actually."

"Oh you're so sweet, but really you don't have too."

"It beats sitting at home." He chuckled.

"Alright. See you Iris." The two waved leaving Iris slightly annoyed, but she didn't let it get to her. She wanted to see Eddie anyway.

****

So this is my very first Flashfic.

A little nervous because I don't want to completely change the story line but I am totally pumped for what you guys think (:

StayGolden<3

~B