"YOU DID THAT ON PURPOSE?!" I screamed, my head clearing slightly.

Kyle sobered immediately, knowing he was caught. I looked at Darren, seeing his shock. Okay, so I wasn't a saint, but I guess it was rare for me to yell at someone even if they'd hurt me. Actually, I think the last time I'd full on yelled at someone had been three years ago, and that was because a some kid at school had thrown their lunch at me. Plus, I'd apologised later because the kid had started to cry, so I guess this was a little out of character for me.

"Calm it, Kiwi." Kyle said quietly, and even Lily had looked a little frightened. When she heard Kylespeak, she snickered, and that pushed me over the edge.

"CALM IT?! CALM IT?! YOU THREW A FOOTBALL AT ME SO HARD I FELL OVER AND CAN HARDLY THINK STRAIGHT, AND YOU WANT ME TO CALM IT?!?!" I screamed at them. Sienna laughed, and I heard her speak quietly.

"Give them what they deserve, Babe."

I glanced at Darren, and he looked... proud? I took their encouragement and turned my attention back on Kyle and Lily- who were about to crack up. I jumped up quickly and walked towards them purposefully.

"WHOA!" Was the unanimous reaction of the watching crowd, and Darren ran forward to support me in case I hadn't got my balance back. My head was spinning, but I could see my target perfectly. In two seconds, I was in front of Kyle, and my fist was slamming into the centre of his face.

Lily squealed, and began to fuss over him, but I yanked her arm, spinning her to face me. She flinched as I drew back my fist, but I changed my mind. Instead, I gave her the biggest bitch-slap I could muster. The loud noise from the slap was actually pretty impressive, and I grinned proudly.

The crowd around us were all pissing themselves laughing at Lily and Kyle, but luckily Darren had seen that my balance was beginning to fail. He was holding me up in a flash, so I could finish them.

"Do not EVER speak to me again; Either of you. If I even look your way again, you should feel like the two luckiest bitches on earth." I spat venomously. "YOU, Lily, are a bitch, but not even a really mean one! You're not even worthy of me being hurt over! And YOU,"

I pointed to Kyle, who was cradling a bleeding nose.

"YOU, are a little bitch too. Seriously, when did your balls drop off and you became a whiny little girl? You deserve each other." I said incredulously, rolling my eyes, and moving to walk away. I was given a round of applause from the surrounding crowd, and I leaned back to whisper in Darren's ear. "Hey Darren? I think I might fall over in a sec, but I don't want to ruin my dramatic exit. Can you make your support a little less obvious?" 

HE grinned and nodded, wrapping an arm around my waist, and I rested my hand on his shoulder. Like this, we looked like a couple, so I turned back to look at Kyle and Lily. Kyle had the damn nerve to look a little pissed off, so I thought I'd worsen it. I whispered a thank you in Darren's ear, trying to make it look as non-innocent as possible, then kissed his cheek as he walked me away.

Darren chuckled.

"Damn, Kiwi, when you get even, you really get even! I've never seen you like that before! Wanna go get a victory ice cream?" He said excitedly, still obviously high on the drama. Unfortunately, my adrenaline-fueled anger was fading even faster, and I could hardly walk for dizziness.

"Actually, Darren, I need to get home and lay down." I said sheepishly.

"Oh God, of course. Sorry, Kiwi- Kinda forgot you were hurt." He grinned again, and continued walking me back to my house. 

***************************************************************************************************

"Here you go," Darren said as he helped me lower myself to the couch.

"Thanks, Darren." I said weakly. I wanted to slap myself for how pathetic I felt.

"No problem, Kee. Do you want some water?" 

My eyes flew open at his use of a nickname, and judging by his expression, he didn't realise he'd done it. I smiled, and closed my eyes again.

"That'd actually be great." I sighed and felt the relief of darkness behind my closed lids. A minute later I heard him re-enter the room and set down the glass next to me. I jumped violently at his touch on my forehead.

"Oops. Sorry, I just wanted to check if there was a bump." Darren frowned and continued to feel my forehead. "Well that was a really hard hit. I hate to say it but he got you good. You might have concussion."

Damn, I had been afraid of that.

"I'll go get some ice or something." Darren said, jumping up. He looked nervous- like he wasn't sure what to do. I coudn't help, since I had absolutely zero medical experience.

I sighed, closing my eyes briefly. When I reopened them, they settled on Leo kneeling in front of me, the most worried look I'd ever seen present on his face. His hand reached out and caressed my forehead, his frown deepening too.

"Who did this?" He asked me. I listened to Darren bustling in the kitchen before answering in a whisper.

"It was Kyle. Don't worry, I'm ok." 

"Why are you whispering?" He whispered in reply, and I smiled.

"You're whispering too." I pointed out.

"Am I?" He whispered, then looked irritated at himself. I laughed once, before slapping a hand over my mouth. Leo frowned at the action.

"Why won't you let yourself laugh?" 

"Because Darren's in the other room, and I've just been hit on the head with a football. If I start talking and laughing with someone he can't see, he'll make me go to the hospital!" I hissed quickly at him.

"Oh." He looked a little sheepish.

"Oh, indeed." I murmured back.

"Why is he still here?" Leo asked me, sounding a little pissed. 

"Because I need someone to take care of me." I admitted quietly.

"Well, I can do that." He said, looking even more pissed.

"Really? Think about it, Leo. If I really do have concussion and you need to call an ambulance, what happens when they can't hear you?" I gave him a stern look, and watched realisation set in. He looked sad.

"So, I can't take care of you."

I felt like crap for making him feel bad.

"No, Leo-" I began, but abruptly shut up in time for Darren to enter the room.

"Did you say something?" He said, cocking his head to the side. I glanced to Leo, still finding it ridiculous that no one else could see him.

"No?" I replied, and made it a question. Darren shrugged in return, and approached with a bag of frozen peas from the freezer. I gasped as the cold touched my head.

"Sorry." Darren said quietly. "Shift up would ya?"

I moved over so he could readjust my position. I ended up with my back against his chest; he was holding the peas to my head with one hand, and the other was rubbing comforting circles on my hip. 

I looked over at Leo, and he looked sad. Not angry, or jealous- just very, very sad. He left the room without another word, and I closed my eyes as my surroundings began to spin again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, so I officially suck. I'm SOOOOO sorry but I had writer's block in the extreme. I'll try to get back on track from now on. BTW, let me know if you have a favourite boy? Pm, comment, I don't mind :)

LOVE.