Chapter 9

"Sonic... I... Don't know what to say that could help... I want to help you get Shadow back... But I don't know how..."
Sonic starts to cry more and falls to the floor...
"Shadow... I..."
Sonic stops crying...
"I need to find Shadow!"
Sonic grabs his gloves and runs outside to look for Shadow... Sonic looks for a while and decides to take a rest under a tree...
"Oh... Where could he be? If I don't find him I can't keep my promise..."
Sonic starts to hear mumbling and chuckling from one of the branches above him...
"Pathetic... Looking for me... Just to keep a stupid promise... Absolutely pathetic..."
"Shadow?"
"Took you long enough! I was wondering when you would give up! All this time you were looking and I was practically under your nose the whole time! I have to admit that it was pretty amusing to see you running around looking for me..."
Shadow hopped down from the branch only to be pulled to the ground by Sonic...
"Sonic what was that for? I was only trying to have a bit of fun!"
"So yelling at me then hitting me then running off is fun?"
"Well, watching you run around looking for me was pretty funny..."
"I was sad ok, I wanted to find you, I wanted you, I love you and you know that!"
"I know and I am sorry..."
Shadow tried to get out of Sonic's grasp but couldn't...
"You know what I'm expecting Shadow..."
"If you let go of me, when we get back the hotel you can have more than you're expecting..."
"Oh I know"