Chapter Three

You thought about when  you would see him next and what you would say. It took you a while but  you had an entire convocation planned out in your mind. You would ask  him what it's like outside the ruins. If it sounded good, you would ask  Toriel if she would let you out, even if it was just once! If it didn't  sound too great, you would stay inside. The thought of it made you happy  to finally find something new. Life was boring without fun and  adventure. Yes, the ruins were fun at first but to you then, they seemed  so empty and small. You had, had enough of it and wanted to be free.

You were determined to be!

You woke up to the sweet scent of butterscotch and cinnamon but kept your eyes shut. Not realising you must have fallen asleep when you were thinking while lying on your bed, you immediately shot up but realised where you were. "It's just my room..." You said to yourself and sighed. You adjusted your pillows and leaned on them in a sitting up position and stayed like that for a while. You thought for a moment about the things you did before then checked the time. It was around 11:00pm so Toriel must have been up at that time. From what you knew, she went to sleep around 12:00am.

You decided to go and see Toriel and ask if you could read a book to help you sleep. Of course you would take one about the underground and beyond the door. Even if Toriel tried to stop you from reading it, you would find a way to get it. You were far too determined to know about the underground for her to stop you easily. You slid your legs out of your covers, feeling the cold air hit them, immediately missing the comforting warmth of your bed. You pulled your duvet back then stood up, feeling a cold chill of air hit you. It made you shiver but you soon got used to it. It was freezing in the underground sometimes, probably because there was no sunlight.

You silently stepped to the door then opened it to see Toriel opening the door too. You jumped at each other's sight but sighed after as there was nothing to fear. "Are you alright dear?" She asked, putting her arm around you and pulling you near her. You wrapped your arms around her and snuggled into her, she was like a pillow.
"I'm fine, but I was having trouble getting back to sleep so I was going to ask if I could read a book or two to help" you smiled at her. She looked down at you, kindness and care in her eyes. "Of course dear, I'll let you choose some now"
"Thank you!"

You walked with the goat-like monster to her bookshelf and chose three books. As you were choosing, she was sat in her chair. You found where the underground books were straight say but decided to take them last, just in case Toriel would see. You couldn't really decide on the first two. All the books seemed so interesting and you always took forever choosing things from such a wide selection. After a couple minutes of thinking, you finally decided on a book called '20 easy pies to make' and 'Myths and Legends Of Monsters' since you loved hearing those type of stories.
"Thank you Toriel" you smiled as you left.
"No problem, Now get some rest" she replied.
"I will" you nodded.
As you left, you checked to see if Toriel was looking. Exactly how you wanted her to, she walked into the kitchen, probably to check on the pie she made. You looked around one more time then found the book you had in mind. You see, the books you took in front of Toriel, you knew exactly which two you would choose, the book you were really deciding on was in the opposite section about beyond the ruins! You swiftly but silently took the book from the shelf and added it to your small collection then headed to your room feeling as if you accomplished something.

You shut your door then went into your bed, sliding the two original books to your left and starting on the main one. It was titled 'The Cities And Routes Of The Underground' and it looked fairly new, you suspected it wasn't too out of date from this. "Let's see..." You mumbled to yourself. You checked the contents and looked at the towns, Snowdin Forest being the first place. You skipped the first couple of pages and went straight to the page you were looking for.

'Snowdin Forest is a small route from the exit of the ruins to Snowdin, a small snow coated time where it is always winter. Although it is quite short length wise, Snowdin Forest is surprisingly wide and if you take a wrong turn, easy to get lost in so stay on the path'

There was a little more about the history of it but you didn't care too much about it, you wanted to read about the areas themselves, not the history of them. You read Snowdin after. It sounded like such a nice place! You read about the type of people there, one of the most well known being Sans. It said quite a bit about him, always going to Grillby's and telling bad jokes making everyone laughed and telling awful puns at the most random times or situations. You continued to read on until you got tired. You ended up reading half of the book!

Everything was silent apart from some footsteps; Toriel. You shoved the book under your bed so she wouldn't see it then acted as if you just put one of the two books she saw down. She opened the door then walked inside looking somewhat concerned. "Y/n dear," she started.
"I was just checking to see if you were alright and you seemed to have something on your mind the last time I checked... Is everything alright?" She asked, sitting on the edge of your bed.
"Yeah but... I guess... I'm just getting a little lonely..." You sighed. This was genuine and you thought you might as well say but not about leaving the ruins.
"But you love it when Muffet visits, do you not?"
"I do but... I don't know really... I love you and the ruins, I really do but I guess I wish there were more people to talk to..." You said, avoiding eye contact. It was hard to look Toriel in the eye when she was like this.
"I see... Well, you know how dangerous it is outside the ruins... But..." Toriel paused.
"I'm not saying I want to leave the ruins, I wouldn't want to at all!" You said before she could finish. "But I would just like someone different to talk to..." You sighed.
"Oh, in that case, take this. It is called a cell phone. You can use it to contact people very quickly." She smiled, handing you a small device with a tiny screen.
"I have not worked it out yet but I am sure you will be able to"
"Thank you!" You hugged her tightly and smiled.
"Well, you should be going off to bed now, it is very late" Toriel stood up then walked towards the door.
"Good night" you smiled at her, tucking yourself into bed.
"Good night, Dear" Toriel replied then turned off the light and shut the door.

((Hello again! Sorry for the delay of this chapter!

I've really enjoyed writing it and can't wait to share it with you! I never really see Tori-Reader bonding in stories so I wrote one myself!

I have a lot of homework and 3 tests coming up next week so expect less chapters but I'll try to get out as much as possible!

I'm going to stop rambling now, that's all I have to say for today

~Lilian out))