The One That Stayed

What does it mean...to be alive? Truly...alive. To experience the different things that this world had to offer? Would it be bliss or a complete nightmare? There was no telling. As much as Scyther wouldn't mind pondering the answer to his question, a swift kick to the gut reminded him of the situation that he was in. He coughed up some black sludge, holding his stomach even though he knew it wouldn't offer much in terms of protection. Until his senses returned to him Scyther was at the mercy of his enemies.

"I will give you credit-" Came monotone voice of the man in charge, "-you lasted far longer than I expected you to. Not to mention you did a number on my men." Scyther imagined that a single of sign was given because the next thing he knew was that he got another kick to the gut, this one hard enough to send him rolling on the floor. He ends up on his back and attempts to catch his breath, only for a few of the remaining henchmen to begin kicking him from multiple directions at once. Scyther curls up in the fetal position, doing his best to minimize the amount of hits he was taking. After all...it was only a matter of time before he would get the chance to strike back.

"Enough."

The henchmen ceased kicking immediately. Scyther's breath came in ragged gasps as he attempts to catch his breath. Man...these henchmen really did a number on him, but unfortunately for them the fact that he was able to go into the fetal position was proof that his senses were returning. Who knew high voltage stun batons would've done so much damage to him. Though...now it was time for him to return the favor for the pain that was just inflicted onto him.

Scyther rose slowly, partly from pain, and partly from taking in his surroundings. He was in a massive throne room like room, with bodies scattered everywhere. He could only assume that they were either unconscious or dead because of the simple fact that none of these bodies were moving. Then there was the remaining henchmen. Four to be exact and each one of them had a stun baton in their hand. It didn't take Scyther being a rocket scientist to know that taking another hit from those things would be the end of him. He'll have to exercise a bit more caution because the four that remained had made a loose box form around him. By the man in charge was a pair of double doors lodged in the wall. Scyther guess he had a part in that little bit of mayhem, but he couldn't be sure the reason why. HIs purpose didn't include random acts of violence... Gingerly, Scyther places a hand on his head, trying to recall what lead up to this. Yet to his dismay he was drawing a blank. Probably because of the stun batons...

"By the confused look on your face I'd say those batons did a number on you." The way the man was talking one would swear that this entire ordeal had nothing to do with him, "Looks like I made a good investment." Scyther simply stared at the man trying to come to some kind of conclusion, but nothing was making sense. The man was dressed in casual attire and from a quick glance you would think he was just your average worker, but if that was the case why would he have henchmen? Why would people want to work under someone who didn't exude power? Why was this the location of what was most likely the "final battle"?? I-It just isn't adding up!

"You know what's interesting?" the man says with the same monotone voice that Scyther had already gotten used to and rises from his throne like chair, "The fact that you came aaaaall the way here-" he reaches for something behind the chair, "-just for her." He pulls a battered and bruised girl from behind the chair, holding her up by her long hair. Scyther could only stare, wide eyed, and in silence as every single detail began to pour into his mind.

Her name...was Allie Britt. From the moment when Scyther woke up all those years ago he was aware of how terribly different he was in comparison to most guys. It was a rough day one for him and Allie was the first sentient being that he saw. She was certainly a peculiar one with a bubbly personality. She seemed perfectly happy to answer all the questions that Scyther had from his abrupt wake up. Over time he was integrated into society, but kept sealed lips on what he really was. At the time beings like him weren't to popular, which was confusing because his entire purpose was founded in helping others. So...why was his kind repulsive in the eyes of the public? As far as he knew, he didn't do anything that would warrant this behavior towards him and others like him. Though the only person that knew this was Allie. She would listen to Scyther ramble on about all the things that he didn't understand, occasionally giving advice to him. And while she tried to play it off as if he didn't owe her anything, Scyther felt as if he owed Allie his very life. Allie's been so kind to him, and even though her job concerning him was over after he was successfully integrated into society, she's still kept close ties with Scyther, checking in frequently just to see how he's doing. Scyther wouldn't hesitate to go over and above for Allie's sake, but...never really understood why. Allie of course thought this was because he was started to understand what it meant to be alive, a concept that Scyther didn't understand.Then to make things worse Scyther never got the chance to talk to Allie about what it meant to truly live.