Barely A Mother - Chapter One

Hi this is my first story on Wattpad so I'm sorry if it isn't that good. I hope you enjoy. Thanks for reading, ENJOY!!

I_am_enigma is absolutely amazing, look at the trailer she has done for Barely A Mother >>

I love it !!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter One

.:Jody:.

I'm sitting on the couch watching Embarrassing Bodies and it's seriously cringing me out. Why would people show all this on TV; why not go to your doctor to have it sorted out?! It's about half five when I hear the front door opens then closes. As my parents aren't going to be home tonight, I'm guessing that it's my brother David.

I was correct because a few seconds later he came into the living room with his best friend Andrew.

David and Andrew have been best friends since they went to high school together. They met on the first day and David brought him home to play some football in the garden.

Ever since then I have had a crush on Andrew. He was cute then but now he is hunky! He's an eighteen year old god! He really is the hottest guy in school and I can get hundreds of girls to agree with me. Andrew is around 5'10 and he has luscious blonde hair. Sometimes I dream about running my hand through his hair to feel how soft it must be. It's a dream that I know will never happen unfortunately!

"Hey Jody, Andrew is staying over tonight. Hope you don't mind... ok good!" David said to me and then left the room without even giving me time to respond. I hate it when his friends are here sometimes because he always seems to treat me like dirt because that 'impresses' them. Normally David and I get along because we are pretty close.

David had already left the room but Andrew was awkwardly waiting there. Not that I minded but what was he doing? I smiled at him and then he just left without even smiling back. Surely you would smile back at someone when they smile at you!

I shrugged it off and carried on watching the TV, switching it over because Embarrassing Bodies was freaking me out.

I thought back to my brother and realised that he was also popular with the girls. He has chocolate brown hair and blue eyes. He once told me that 'all the girls go weak at the knee when they look into them'. I'm sorry David but I'm pretty sure that isn't true. Of course I never actually said that to him, I didn't want to spoil his fantasy world. However I have to admit my brother is pretty good looking.

I on the other hand am not. Well that's what I think of myself. My names Jody and I'm sixteen and I go to Watermoore High School, which make me a sophomore. I have blonde hair and blue eyes. As I said I think I'm ugly but for some reason my friends and family say I'm really pretty. I don't believe them, I am the nerdy girl and nerdy girls aren't pretty. I've learnt that the hard way from people at school. The only true friends I have are Dawn Williams and Grace Hunter; I can always count on them to be there for me when I need them.

It was getting really late and I was tired of watching evening TV, so I turned the TV off and made my way upstairs. It was late so I expect that the boys are asleep. I think I was right because I past my brother's bedroom I could hear nothing coming from inside and there were no lights on.

I entered my bed room and got out my PJ's to change into. I decided to wear shorts, so in the morning at breakfast I could show off my legs to Andrew, if he is there in the morning and hadn't left early like he sometimes does.

I changed into my shorts and was about to put my top on when there was a soft knocking against my bedroom door. For some unknown reason I said come in, even though I was halfway getting dressed. The door opened and I expected David to be standing there but actually in my door way stood Andrew with a look of surprise on his face. I had no idea what he was so shocked about but then it hit me.

I was standing here in my bra!