1) Happy Little Pill

Chapter One
-Happy Little Pill-

"C'mon Phil! You have to come with us! Practically everyone's going to be there!" Chris begged.

"I dunno, I have a lot of studying to do for our history test this Friday and..." Phil trailed off as a something--or someone, rather--caught his eye.

This someone was tall. He had pale skin, brown hair, and a haircut similar to Phil's, just with his fringe parted to the opposite side. He wore a black hoodie and tight black skinny jeans. He had earbuds in and leaned against a wall, looking exceptionally, almost melodramatically, bored. He was on his phone.

"Who's that?" Phil asked. This stranger was certainly attractive. God, Phil was gay.

Chris rolled his eyes at him. "Why? Think he's kind of cute?" Chris asked, and turned to look over the boy as well. "Eh a little too edgy for me," he decided, shrugging.

"Shut up." Phil laughed, nudging him in the side. "I was just...observing. Only because I've never seen him before."

"Riiiight," Chris said, "Anyways his name's Daniel Howell. He's new here. Rumor has it, he was expelled from his last school for something like underage drinking or smoking or something."

"Wow. Do you stalk him or what?" he asked, surprised at Chris's knowledge.

"He's a friend of PJ's," Chris explained, sticking his tongue out immaturely.

In the crowd alone
And every second passing reminds me I'm not home

Fuck school. Fuck learning. Fuck getting up early. Fuck everything.

Dan sighed as he leaned against the brick wall of his new school. He hated this school already. It was too posh, obviously for more upper-class people, completely unlike Dan himself.

He was 17 he'd be out of this hellhole soon. He sighed again and turned on music. Troye's new stuff. Believe it or not, Dan used to know him before he got all famous and left his old life on the internet behind, venturing into the world of music. They had been pretty good friends, but he didn't have much time on his hands these days, so they hadn't spoken in a while.

Dan noticed a boy who had been staring at him for a while. Dan met his eyes for a second, before awkwardly looking down at his phone. Why was he just staring at Dan?

Dan scrolled aimlessly through tumblr, turning his music up. At the end of the song he looked up to see the boy still looking at him. Said boy had blueish-silver eyes with just a little hint of green in them. They were so mesmerizing, Dan almost started staring myself, before remembering that was creepy. He walked up to the kid.

"Hey, got a problem?" he asked, frowning.

He jumped a little at Dan's voice, Dan seemed to have startled him out of his thoughts.

"What?" He asked.

"You've been staring at me for like 5 minutes."

"Oh," he apologized, looking sheepish, "Sorry, I didn't realize, sorry."

Dan rolled his eyes and pushed past him. He was kind of cute, a voice in the back of Dan's mind thought. Whatever, he thought back, he'd fool around with him later if he felt like it, right now he just needed a cigarette. He walked around to the back of the school.

This place was too loud and bright. Too much was going on. Dan didn't know what to make of it. He lit a cigarette and put it to his lips, taking a long drag. Maybe it was a shit habit, but his mom always had cigarettes lying around, and he didn't quite care if he died of lung cancer. Maybe then his mom would become aware of his existence if he was actually dying.