Fear is fear

Kate had been searching for Veronica for three days now, a warrant was out for her arrest.

Richard sat writing now, trying to relieve stress. Putting his effort into his writing.
(This is where the story started.)

Just then Kyle came in running, he had a drawing of his fathers vest, he spelled it "rightar" but Castle just chuckled and told him what an artist he was, then walked up to put it on the fridge when he heard gunshots.

"What the fuck!" Castle yelled

"Dad?!?" Alexis called back. She was watching Chloe upstairs, she quickly jogged down stairs, having heard the same noise motioned for Castle to come but he didn't, then she just grabbed Kyle and hurried back upstairs.

"Who's there!" Castle shouted through the mailbox.

"Freeze!" Some one yelled, a woman.

Castle peered through the mailbox to see a glare on the wrist of someone holding a gun.

It was Beckett, she was chasing or being chased by someone, Castle saw a man.

Beckett POV
It was a lead, usual lead. We were into Veronica's financials, when we saw every transaction from the last 2 years were at the same bank, same day of the week, all within the same hour. We went to check this out. Then I saw middle aged man darting eyes from me to the door I walked over to talk to him and he held a gun to me, then his own head. He ran out the door, and Ryan got into the squad car and drove after his car. I was quick to follow with a my car. I told the security there to not let anyone come in or leave.

Ryan POV
Beckett most likely told you how we got here, and why. But I'll sum it up, we went to talk to Mike Tracket, a bank manager who was involved in all of Veronica's transactions, he could be related to the case, or know anything. But then he ran, so I'm out side Castle apartment now in case he comes out, Beckett's in there. Wait... Did I just say Castles apartment? Holy hell, Espo could have been right, Veronica could want Chloe dead to get revenge on Beckett, but why?

Beckett was now holding her gun at Mike's head, he was pointing his gun at her then shifted it to Castles lock, she shot him once in the shoulder, then called for back up.

Castle stepped out staying away from the body of Mike who was holding his shoulder but oddly not that loud. He asked Beckett

"So, who's the bastard?"

"Mike Tracket"

"Related to the case?"

"Of course"

Castle and Beckett talked as though Mike wasn't there bleeding, like she had not just shoot him, and like their children were not upstairs with Alexis screaming.

Alexis was upstairs with Kyle and Chloe, who were screaming, they heard gunshots like Chloe had in the classroom, she was under the bed, screaming for Alexis. Who ran to her side pulling her from under the bed and putting both the kids in a closet.

Then Beckett told Castle to go inside, and went to check Mike and as she was reaching for his pulse, he reached for his gun. Which Castle had kicked away. But he grabbed his gun, fired at Beckett and shot her in the upper thigh.

Castle ran back out grabbing Mikes gun and yelling for Beckett's backup to hold Tracket down.

They did, and Beckett was bleeding, she was rushed to the hospital for minor gun shot injuries.

Castle stayed with Alexis at the hospital until Beckett was out of surgery.

Ryan was watching Kyle and Chloe, they got along famously with Sarah Grace and Brice, Ryan's kids.

Hope you are enjoying and understanding the story! I'll give you a quick recap to help. Beckett and Castle are married with kids Kyle and Chloe, Chloe's kindergarten teacher was shot, by Ralph who held the children hostage and Castle until the NYPD agreed to investigate his friends murders, but it turns out that the teacher is a serial killer who killed his friends. Beckett is looking into a lead on Veronica the teachers where abouts, when her work takes her to a bank where Mike works, he runs and drives off to Castle and Beckett's home, where is shot then shoots Beckett. Beckett lives. -The author. Please Comment or Like!