Chapter 6: The bomb fire

A dozen of rides later...

Caden had decided to sit and take a break from dragging me and Leah around the boardwalk for hours. It was starting to get dark, so the bomb fire should be staring soon. I'm pretty nerve wrecked about this whole bomb fire. I mean of course I have been to parties and stayed out later then curfew before but something about this bomb fire just has me completely nervous. When me and Leah rode the Ferris Wheel she was rambling on about a girl from her school and how she was one of the girls who were hosting the bomb fire. She also mentioned how this was a summer trend and how every year after they let the teenagers out, all of them get together and host this.

Leah had walked over to one of the food courts and got us a few bottles of water. I guess spending the whole day running around riding rides could really make you sore. My legs cramped along with my hands. Leah was crushing her water bottle in her hand as she took big gulps of water down. Caden was doing the same exact thing except he had water going down his chin and onto his shirt. I unscrewed the cap on my bottle of water and took a couple gulps and put the cap back on.

We took a seat on the bench that was to the left of us. It was about thirty minutes until the bomb fire. I didn't have a clue if we were walking or driving. If we was driving I hope Caden or Leah has a car because I don't.

"Okay, so I just texted Sebastian and he says that everyone is already down at the bomb fire so we mine as well head down now." Caden speaks up.

I'm guessing Sebastian is one of his friends, but instead of asking I nod my head and pull myself off the bench. Leah doing the same exact thing until she was standing. Caden attempted to get up but he lost his balance and fell straight onto the ground. Me and Leah bursted out laughing.

******

"Are we there yet?" I complained again.

"I swear Cierra, ask one more time and see what happens!" Caden snapped.

We have been walking for about ten minutes. Every time we take a few steps the music that was off in the distance gets louder and the shouting from drunk teenagers get closer. Caden is still embarrassed from falling on his face at the boardwalk, but he finally got over it when Leah ran into a elder guy and got nachos poured all over her. So I guess we're even.

Caden turned around to face me and Leah who was walking close behind him.
"The bomb fire is just up this sidewalk. It's on the beach and I don't think you can miss it. If you guys get lost or decide to split up, you have each other numbers."

"What do you mean?" Leah asked looking at him like he just told her something so sincere.

"I mean these bomb fires can get out of control and if one of us decides to get a drink or use the restroom and we come back and one of us is gone, we can call each other." Caden stated as he turned around to continue the trip to the beach.

Me and Leah shrugged what he said off and kept walking down the sidewalk. We walked about five more minutes until we came across a big beach. There was a fire in the middle of the beach with hundreds of teenagers drinking, dancing, and more. A slight chill ran down my back that made me shiver.

Leah hooked arms with me and we took off running down the steps that lead to the beach. Caden came rushing down behind us. We stopped and unhooked arms. Leah walked over to one of the drink stands. I followed behind her like a lost puppy. I turned around to see if Caden had followed but he was gone. I then turned back around to face the drink stand that Leah was at and she was gone also. Well this is just great I thought to myself.

I'm alone at a bomb fire with people I don't even know. Leah and Caden vanished somewhere into the crowed and heck if I know what happened to Abbie. I reached into my back pocket and pulled out my iPhone, I unlocked it and scrolled through my contacts until I reached Abbie's number. I pressed it and pulled the phone to my ear. Except there was no ringing, just blank dry air between me and the phone line. I look at my phone to realize... It's dead.

This is just great. I'm at a bomb fire with nobody I know except three people I can only contact with my phone which is now dead. What makes this even greater, I'm outside in shorts and a t-shirt with no jacket. I mentally laugh at myself. Maybe this will turn out better, I just need to calm down and have fun. I'm here in Florida for my summer break. I should just walk around here on the beach and maybe see if I can find Leah or Caden.

I walked over to one of the drink tenders and got a cup of soda. While I'm alone there is no way I'm getting whizzed or drunk. I took a sip of the drink and walked over to a group of people. I made my way through the crowd and crashed into Abbie.

"Watch where your going dumb- oh hey Cierra!" Abbie says.

"Hey, I was trying to call you but my phone died and I had lost my friends somewhere in the crowd." I looked at her.

"Oh okay, well have fun girly." Abbie added on and walked off. Her breath reeked of alcohol. I nearly gagged when she walked off. I know that's she is definitely drunk. I took another sip of my drink, but it didn't taste right. I shrugged it off and kept walking around. After another ten minutes of walking around I felt at tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see a blonde guy with grey toned eyes. To be surprising he wasn't much taller then me. He was wearing a grey t-shirt with black skinny jeans. He had on grey vans and I black SnapBack.

"Can I help you?" I questioned him.

"I'm Sebastian, you seemed a little bit lost just standing here, I was wanting to know if you wanted to maybe dance." The guy -Sebastian- asked.

"Oh, well I'm Cierra and sure." I looked back up at him.

He grabbed my hand and led us to a spot over by the beach. He grabbed his phone and texted somebody and then put it back into his pocket. He then grabbed my wrist and we danced to the up-beat music.

After about thirty minutes of dancing with Sebastian we stopped and went to get a drink. We walked over to a different bar stand and ordered us two sodas. Right after we grabbed a hold of our drinks a loud scream came from over my the steps I walked down a while ago.

I looked over to see a girl in nothing but a bikini top and ripped jeans shorts. She was screaming something but we couldn't make out what she was saying.

"The *cough* police *cough*" the girl chocked out while pointing up at the top of the steps where colorful lights were flashing around in the dark.

"Shit." Sebastian mumbled and grabbed my hand and looked down at me.
"Okay well this never happened before but listen, they are most likely going to try to get people behind bars because we are 'under aged' drinkers." Sebastian said putting his fingers up to quote 'under aged'. I nodded my head to what he was saying.
"We need to get out of here fast." Sebastian grabbed tighter onto my wrist and took of running down to a strip of the beach. There was about a dozen of police cars down there.

We looked back to the bomb fire and saw teens running and police hand cuffing some of them. Right now I'm panicking, I have no idea where Caden or Leah is.

"Okay here's the plan, I have my car parked a few blocks off from here. All we have to do is stay low and out of the polices sight. When we get to the car I'll call one of my friends and see where he's at and we can get out of here." Sebastian stated. I nodded my head for agreement.

We took off running down the strip..

***********************************
A/N

So what do you guys think of the book so far? Please vote and comment!
Also what's your thoughts? Leave them in the comments:)
••••
Thanks so much! -BatmanKittyNinja<3