Chapter 2 (Its a short chapter)

Chapter Two

      When I get home from school, I directly collapse on the couch. All that panicking really tires a girl out. How does he expect me to find friends? I can barely talk to my family. This man is crazy. I can’t do this, I really can’t. This is an impossible task. The last time I tried to make a friend the person laughed at me and took my animal crackers. It has been a long time since that happened. I look up at the ceiling fan until my mom got home from work.

      “Jane? Are you home?” she shouts from the front door.

      I snap out of my trance and stand up and head to the kitchen. I see a good amount of bags covering the table. “Hey I was in the living room, what is all this?” I say then peer into the bag. I notice paper plates and various party supplies throughout the bag. I glare at my mother and she puts her hands up. “It’s party supplies, don’t you remember that your birthday is in two weeks?” she says as she puts the supplies in the pantry. “My baby is turning 17, aren’t you excited to be turning 17, honey?”

      She continues “So who do you want to invite to your birthday party? I need all of their names and contact information so I can send them invitations” she grabs my face, “Honey you can invite who ever you want!”

      I put my mom’s hands off my face and look at her, “Mother how many times do I have to tell you, I don’t have friends and I hate surprises, god” I say then walk away leaving her standing with the supplies.

      I throw myself on my bed and start to cry. I hate having to tell my mom the truth. I know she is just trying to do something nice for me, but I have to be blunt with her. I don’t want her to plan a big party and have no one show up to it. Her heart would break and I don’t think I could handle it either. I stare into the night sky and look at the stars. Even stars have friends. Then I turn to look at the poster of One Direction against my wall. They all are smiling at me and it makes me feel a little bit better. I close my eyes and say, “I wish only one direction went to my high school, then maybe I would have a chance to have friends.”

      The last thing I hear before I fall asleep is voice saying , “..... be careful what you wish for Jane"

-Authors Note: Not my best but expect better for the next chapters. See you guys then.  xoxo