Prologue

Seventeen-year old Yuichiro Ichinose was born to Kaori and Guren Ichinose, the charismatic queen and king of Drelacia. Drelacia was one of the most influential kingdoms in the country of Japan, known for its prime exports, peaceful lands, and having complete control over the Pacific coast for exporting fine goods. As King Ichinose's only son, it was predestined for Yuichiro to take the throne and rule the successful kingdom one day.

From the moment he was born in the castle's hospital, a perfect life was handed to Yuichiro on a silver platter. Not only did he have the perfect princely face, one that won the hearts of all the young women in the land, he was granted with all the riches, fame, power, and women he could ask for.

For seventeen years Yuichiro lived the life commonfolk couldn't even fathom in their dreams, and he hated every second of it.

Call him selfish or unappreciative, whatever. It's not like he hasn't heard that one before.

Because for where his life was plentiful in wealth and power, it lacked in what Yuichiro knew he subconsciously wanted; excitement. Royal life bored Yuichiro every day, going through the motions of proper manners and exemplary gentlemanliness, toting to his girlfriend, pleasing his parents, and keeping quiet.

After all these years, Yuichiro Ichinose realized he was stuck in a never-ending rut, and he decided he had had enough.