The Sky Under the Sea (Chapter 5)

Several weeks had passed since the whole Charles incident. Things between Tony and I were going fantastically, however it was only getting worse with Charles. He hadn't touched me again, but he would threaten me any chance he got. He was angry that I told my mom he hurt me. For whatever reason my mom looked past that and chose to stay with him, which infuriated me.

I woke up to a tap on my window. I had started leaving it unlocked so Tony could come in whenever he wanted. I looked over to see the adorable little Mexican climbing in. Suddenly I began feeling very nauseous. I didn't say a word to Tony, I just got up and ran to the bathroom, vomiting into the toilet. I hadn't thrown up in years, and I was really confused about why I was now.

"Baby, are you okay?" Tony asked, standing behind me on the cold bathroom floor. "I-I don't know." I stated. He looked very concerned. "What?" I asked. "Oh, it's nothing. I was just thinking about something." he said. "What about?" I asked. "Nothing important. Don't worry about it." Tony said as he walked out of the bathroom. I hated it when he did this. I cleaned myself up a little bit, and ignored the burning in the back of my throat. I brushed my teeth and walked back into my bedroom, still feeling nauseous for whatever unknown reason.

"Do you wanna tell me now?" I asked. Tony pursed his lips. "No, baby it's not important." He said. "Hey me and some of my friends are going to hang out at the mall later today, and they really wanna meet you. Wanna go?" He continued, changing the subject. "Sure." I said, not pressing whatever it was he didn't want to tell me. "Okay! Get ready then!" He nearly yelled. I got up, and grabbed a pair of ripped skinny jeans along with a star wars t-shirt that I cut into a tank with a bright blue lace bandeau underneath. I then threw some makeup on and ran my fingers through my slightly wavy hair.

"How do I look?" I asked. "Sexy, now come on! They're waiting in the car." Tony said. "You left your friends waiting all this time?" I asked, shaking my head. "They'll be fine." He said, grabbing my hand and climbing out the window. I called down the stairs to my mom to tell her we were going to the mall. Then I walked outside and got in Tony's car. There were 3 mexicans sitting in the back seat.

"This is Jaime, Vic, and Mike." Tony said, pointing to each one of them. "Hi, I'm Noelle." I said smiling at the boys. They all smiled back and said hello at the same time. I still felt extremely nauseous, but I kept my mouth shut as we sped down the crowded San Diego streets to the mall.

Tony's POV

I had never been so terrified in my life. My hands began to shake as I thought about what was most likely happening. Noelle was getting sick for no reason weeks after she had been raped. The son of a bitch probably didn't even think to use protection. I was afraid to tell Noelle, but she was pregnant. I just knew it; that was the only option. My hands were shaking, and my palms were sweaty while I sped down the road.  I couldn't tell Noelle. I didn't want to scare her. Instead I decided I would try to forget about the chances of my girlfriend becoming a mother and try to enjoy myself.

The car ride was fairly quiet and awkward. The only noise was the sound of AFI blasting through my speakers. The guys sat in the back and cracked a few jokes, leaving everyone laughing except for me. I was too worried to laugh.

Finally after a slightly awkward car ride we reached the mall. Noelle and my friends seemed to be getting along well, which made me glad. We walked around for a few hours, and I really didn't pay much attention to anyone. I was too caught up in my thoughts to enjoy myself.

"Baby what's wrong?" Noelle whispered to me as she wrapped her arms around my waist. "Nothing. I'm fine." I replied. "You've been acting really weird ever since I got sick this morning. What's going on?" She asked. I shook my head and looked at the ground. "I-I think you're probably pregnant." I mumbled. She stopped and stared at me. She eventually began looking worried. I knew I shouldn't have said anything because now she was scared.

"Tony, I want to go home." she said quietly. "Okay. Guys, let's leave." I said and we all got back in my car and left.

The guys hadn't heard our conversation, so they were all very confused. I dropped them all off at Mike and Vic's house, and sped away.

"Tony, I can't be pregnant. What the fuck am I gonna do?" Noelle asked. "We're going to get through this. I swear." I said, trying to comfort her but having no success. "Stop at the drugstore." She ordered. "I wanna get a test." she whispered. We pulled into the parking lot and she went and grabbed 3 different pregnancy tests off the shelf. I took them from her and paid for them.

"You don't have to buy those. It's not like it's yours anyways... it's my own fault so I can pay for it myself." she mumbled. "How the fuck is it your fault?" I spat back at her. "Because I should've changed in the bathroom rather than going to my room in a towel." she said meekly. "Babe, you didn't fucking know he was there or what he was going to do. Don't even pretend like it's your fault. I hate it when you blame yourself for everything." I said as I paid for everything. The clerk handed me the bag and we walked back out to my car.

I immediately kicked myself for being so mean to Noelle when I said it wasn't her fault. I could tell I had hurt her feelings. "Baby, I'm sorry." I said, pulling her into a hug. She began crying into my chest. "I'm just scared, and I don't want you to have to put up with all this shit if the tests come positive." she said between sobs. "I'll be here no matter what. I swear." I kissed her cheek, and we drove off to my house.