~Midnight Invasion~

~Midnight Invasion~

SapphireStar had just finished typing part 20 of her story 'My Love, Please Kill Me..' when there's a soft knocking on her door. She glanced at her clock; 11.45 PM. Ugh. Who dare disturbing her this late at night. Grumbling, she went to answer it.

SapphireStar: Yeah?

Gabriel: CONGRATULATIONS! [beaming, showering the bewildered SapphireStar with white rose petals]

Raphael: We're sorry to disturb you.

Lunalea: I make you a cheesecake. [handing over a box with a nice smell]

SapphireStar: [taking the cake, thinking that she will eat it all by herself later] What are you guys doing here?

Gabriel: Party! Party! [she came barging into the room]

SapphireStar: [being shoved in by Lunalea and Raphael] what party?

Raphael: A celebration because you've made it this far.

Lunalea: [smiling] You've made it to part 20.

SapphireStar: Well, yeah..thanks. --Hey stay away from that! [shouting at Gabriel who was staring excitedly at her laptop]

Gabriel: [pouting] I'm just curious. I've never seen this kind of thing in the castle.

Mikael: Don't let her touch that; It'll explode.

SapphireStar: [looking at Mikael, surprised] You're here too! Since when?

Mikael: [frowning, wrapping his arms around Lunalea's waist] I'm at my wife's side the whole time. You just didn't see me.

Raphael: [rolling his eyes, walking over to Gabriel] I'll make sure Gabriel doesn't wreck your device.

SapphireStar: Yeah, thanks.

Lunalea: So..uhm..how are you feeling right now?

SapphireStar: tired.

Lunalea: Aren't you happy you've made it this far?

SapphireStar: Oh. Sure I'm happy. I get some amazing fans on Wattpad thanks to this story.

Lunalea: That's great. So..are you planning on a sequel?

SapphireStar: [thinking] Maybe. That depends.

Mikael: Depends on what?

SapphireStar: Whether or not your baby survives. [Lunalea blushed, caressing her belly]

[Suddenly there's an explosion. SapphireStar was frozen in terror when she saw her laptop on fire.]

Gabriel: I'm Sorry!! I don't know what went wrong.. I was just clicking a little here and there.

Mikael: [sighing] I told you so..

Raphael: Forgive me, it turns out this device is too sophisticated for me.. [shied away]

[SapphireStar was still frozen, she couldn't find a word to say]

Uriel: Worry not. I'll fix it.

All: [surprised] Lord Uriel!

Uriel: No need to shout. It hurts my sensitive ears.[He then waved his hand and the laptop stopped burning. It looked as good as new] Here you go.

SapphireStar: [beaming] Thank you!! How can I ever repay you?

Uriel: You can make me the main character for the sequel.

Gabriel: No! That's not fair! I'm the one who will be the new main character.

Mikael: [mocking] in your dream. It's decided that our baby who will be the new main character.

Raphael: [muttering] then I won't help saving the baby's life..

Gabriel: If the new main character is a baby, then it'll be MY baby!

Mikael: Yeah, right. No one wants a baby with you.

Uriel: [to SapphireStar] I'm off. See you when I see you [Danny Ocean's style].

Gabriel: [smirking] You just don't know!

Mikael: What? Don't tell me there's a man stupid enough to do that!

Raphael: [muttering] this is pointless.

Gabriel: There is!

Mikael: Tell me who!

Lunalea: Stop it you two..

Gabriel: ...

Mikael: Hah! I know there's none!

Gabriel: You jerk! Alright I'll tell you--!

SapphireStar: ENOUGH! [everyone shut his/her trap and looked at SapphireStar expectantly] You guys are giving me a headache. Could you please leave? I really need some sleep..

Lunalea: [smiling apologetically] Sure. We're terribly sorry.. Let's go, my love.. [tugging at Mikael's arm.]

Gabriel: I'll come again tomorrow morning.

Raphael: This is some tonic for you [giving SapphireStar a curious-looking vial] Sleep well.

SapphireStar: Uh-huh. Thanks. Good night. [closing the door after everyone's leaving. She sighed, then smiled to herself] Now I can eat that cheesecake Lunalea gave me.. [opening the box and was dumb-stricken to see it empty, except for crumbs. whoever it was that ate the cake left a note saying: It's scrumptious]

SapphireStar groaned and threw the empty box along with the bloody note into the trash can. Feeling greatly annoyed, she drank the liquid inside the vial Raphael gave her in one gulp. In an instant she fell unconscious.