[pt.4] The Innocence-Taking

Part 4

[Lunalea POV]

It was surreal.. I wasn't even sure that it's the real Lord Mikael who stood before my door. And why he was bare-chest? He looked so sexy, I wondered how it would feel to have him—hah! What was I thinking? That's inappropriate! He's here to have a medical treatment for God's sake.

I sighed, I knew that he would make his wound ripped open again sooner or later. This time I had to take desperate measure to force him to rest. So I gave him my special mix of sleeping potion. Normally a person would instantly pass out after one or two gulps, but Lord Mikael was not a normal person, so I had him drink the entire content of the flask. And it worked.

I felt rather guilty when I watched him pass out, but this was the only way to force him to rest. I eyed his figure admirably while he's sleeping. Such a lewd pose...I thought absent-mindedly. As if in a trance, I slowly ran my fingers on his broad hard chest that slightly rose and fell due to his breathing. His skin was honey-colored and felt surprisingly smooth, except for some scars here and there. I traveled down to his perfectly-toned stomach, then drew my hand abruptly when I realized what I was doing. My face went red in embarassment. I pulled a blanket over Lord Mikael's torso, then I got up and got ready to go to the infirmary. I glanced at him once more before I left my chamber.

My day in the infirmary was banal. I didn't have many patients and most of them were young warriors who needed to have their wounds sealed. My thoughts keep flying back to my chamber, to the figure on my bed, and I would blush uncontrollably. I told myself that Lord Mikael might probably had regain his consciousness and left my place. Then I wondered if he got angry for what I did, that in any second he could bust in and shout at me. I got nervous and kinda scared. But he didn't come to the infirmary.

At the end of the day, I went to the dining hall to have dinner before I got back to my chamber. I glanced at the table on the far side of the hall, slightly raised from the floor. There are five chairs there; the high chair in the middle was intended for the king, but he hardly ever eat in the hall; the two chairs on the right were occupied by Lord Raphael and Lady Gabriel, but the two on the left were empty—one chair belonged to Lord Uriel, who was always empty, and the other one was Lord Mikael's..So he's not here. Was he still in my chamber, still sleeping—did I overdose him? Or was he back to his palace? If he's still in my chamber, should I bring him some food for dinner? I mulled over the thought while I was eating my soup.

Fifteen minutes later, I was on my way back to my chamber with a tray on my hand. I brought a bowl of soup, some bread, and a cup of wine.

"Good evening, Luna." A gentle, melodic voice greeted me. I was surprised and nearly dropped the tray.

"Lord Raphael.." I gasped. I'd been thinking about Lord Mikael the whole day and somehow I felt guilty when I saw Lord Raphael.

Lord Raphael, who looked shining, as usual, in his bluish white robe, smiled and said, "Let's walk together. You're heading back to your chamber, I suppose?"

"Yes, sure, My Lord." I nodded and smiled back. So we walked together to his palace in the eastern side of the castle. A few healers and I, who didn't have any relative, actually lived in Lord Raphael's palace.

After a few minutes walk in silence, Lord Raphael gave a questioning look at my tray. "Ah..this." I struggled to come up with an excuse; I surely wouldn't tell him about Lord Mikael who might still be in my chamber. "I plan to finish reading some books, My Lord..and sometimes I get hungry in the middle of the night.." I lied, the feeling of guilty tormented me.

"I see." Lord Raphael nodded and smiled. Then he talked about some experiments he's been doing, about a demon who could shape-shift. I had little knowledge in that matter, so I just mostly nodded when he asked for my opinion.