chapter 15

OMG chapter 15 already! J

3 months later

Have you ever felt so alone in your life? Like nobody cares? Nobody wants you anymore? I’ve spent years bullying kids who felt like me, kids with practically no friends. Now that I’m technically in their shoes, it doesn’t feel so good. Its been 3 months since Bree walked out of my life and I walked out of her crowd. People ignored me in the hallways, like I didn’t exist anymore. It’s reached a point where I’m more distant with my old self than ever before, a point where I don’t even know who the real Kylie Fey is.

 My baby bump was becoming clearer and all sorts of rumors spread through the school, obviously they originated from Chelsea, the girl who replaced me in my bestfriend’s life.  My phone rang I half-smiled when I saw the caller I.D “hey babe” I answered forcing myself to act fine

“hey listen there’s been some sort of emergency. I think it has something to do with Damien I’ll fill you in on the details later” Damien. No one had heard from him since the time he drove me home. Justin was tense “so I’m guessing you won’t  come with me today?”

He sighed. We had made plans to go together for my doctor’s appointment. “I’m really sorry babe but I have to go” he hung up. Whatever this was, it must be huge.

I lay in bed wondering what to do with myself. Obviously I wasn’t going to school and I couldn’t stand seeing Doctor Frank again. Why was my life so messed up? “miss kylie?” Emily interrupted my thoughts. I sighed she was one of the few people who’d never leave me “yeah?” I shut my eyes and wanted to bury myself. I was tired of fighting to live. This baby deserved to live not me. “would you like anything child?”

“to die but I don’t think you can give me that”

“ohh miss kylie” she moved closer obviously to hug me or motivate me or something. “you know what? save it Emily! I don’t need to be told that everything’s going to be alright when it won’t be I don’t need to be told that I just need to give it time because time only makes it worse! I am not agood person Emily, and had it coming”

“but..”

“no” I interrupted her, tears in my eyes since I got pregnant, I cry a lot “don’t try to lie to me Emily! You’ve known me since I was a baby you know what I do, I lie, I use people, I bully people, I’m a spoilt brat and the worst part of it is I take everything for granted” I shook my head and went to the kitchen and had breakfast. Emily followed sitting next to me and told the maid who was cleaning there to leave.

“you may have done all of those things Miss, but that was the old you. When I look at you now kylie, I don’t see any of those things. I’d hate to say this but this pregnancy has changed you sweetheart. You’ve grown up a little bit too fast but you’re more mature. You won’t make your previous mistakes again.” She stroked my hair  “don’t get too caught up in the past.you’ll feel guilty for the rest of your life and that’s a waste of time”

Emily left without saying anything more. I smiled for the first time in weeks. That’s why I loved her. Sometimes I wish she was my mom. I got dressed and drove to the hospital. I took a deep breath and told myself I was only doing this for my baby’s life.

I walked in. “hi I have an appointment with doctor Frank”  I told the red head behind the desk “okay just take a sit over there sweetie and when your turns up your name will be called” she said after taking down my details. The waiting room was full of pregnant women and when I say pregnant, I mean really pregnant. The sight made me slightly nauseous.

I was going to look like that in a few months.

I was reading a magazine when someone sat next to me. I didn’t bother to check who it was until the scent hit me.  Damien.  “what are you doing here?” I snapped.

“nice to see you too stranger” he chuckled and I rolled my eyes. “just what do you think you’re doing, showing up here?”

“I’m here for my baby’s appointment “he said as a matter of factly

“you’re not welcome here Damien”

“see its funny because the last time we met, you were head over heels in love with me” I rolled my eyes again  “no I wasn’t”

“yes you were”

“no I wasn’t”

“yes you were”

“no I wasn’t”

“yes you were”

“this is so childish Damien” I sighed “what did you do to Justin’s family?” I saw the way his face lit “it depends. What did he accuse me of” I sighed “what did you do!”

“kylie fey?” I got up and looked at Damien “no. stay”

He didn’t listen but I didn’t object. We walked into the doctors’ room I inwardly cringed. I didn’t want to see him. “hello kylie “ he greeted and I mumbled a hi.  “Damien?” how in the world did Frank know Damien. “hello uncle frank!” wait a minute uncle?

Frank was Damien’s uncle?

Damien seemed to read my thoughts and continued “frank, my father and Justin’s father were brothers”

So Damien and Justin were cousins? None of this made sense and Damien didn’t look like he would tell me more. How come Justin didn’t tell me this? More lies and lies in my life again. “but that’s a story for another day”

“it certainly is” frank agreed.

He did an ultrasound and examined my bump, and blood pressure. “well kylie my grand nephew or niece seems to be fine” he chuckled at his lame joke “but I won’t lie to you, you know the serious complications that this baby will bring may endanger both of your lives”

“what type of complications?” Damien asked quickly before I could. “well kylie is human and her human body is much too weak to carry a werewolf child. Not to mention, you are very young. There have been many cases of humans carrying wolf babies and many have ended sadly. I would advise you to think carefully now before its too late whether you want to keep this child”

What was he saying? I felt fine! “absolutely not!” Justin interrupted “I went through so much trouble to make this baby and now you want her to abort it?” he growled. Was he serious? I shook my head “I’m sorry frank but I am keeping this baby”

“it’s your decision to make kylie but you do know that as your pregnancy develops, so does the baby’s strength” I placed a hand over the small bump “this “ I gestured to the bump “this is a life inside of me. What you are asking me to do is definitely inhuman. I know your kind are used to hunting and killing but I just can’t”

He nodded. “kylie your mother, she misses..” I quickly interrupted “tell her I’m doing fine without her, I always have. Tell her I’m sorry I didn’t turn out to be the daughter she wanted” Damien walked me to my car. “so I’m glad you want to keep this baby just as bad as me” he said.

 “Damien I want to know everything!”I ignored his previous comment “This time don’t leave anything out” he gestured for me to enter his car, I did. I couldn’t afford more lies. I had to know the truth despite whose mouth it came from.

I tried removing most of the errors. Please tell me what you think of the story so far and what I could do to make it better. I’m still an amateur writer.

Like? J

Comment? :D

Or better yet,

Vote!! J

I love you all

Lauren360<3