Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Emily’s POV:

My angel’s having a little girl. She’s crying, wailing actually, she needs me. How will she handle this on her own? She’s a strong girl I wish I hadn’t gotten too close to her,she shouldn’t depend on me so much. I want to be there  for her but how will I get through the numbness, the darkness? She needs me.

KYLIE’S POV:

Someone knocked on my bedroom door and I groaned a little  bit too loudly in frustration “what part of I don’t want to be bothered by you people don’t you get?” the door opened “well we don’t listen to you much anyway do we?” aunt ally entered,I was slightly glad since it could’ve been someone more annoying. She had a huge tub of ice-cream. I’ve been craving a lot of ice-cream lately

I grabbed it from her quickly and she chuckled “cravings are the worst” I nodded “so I noticed you were abit unhappy this afternoon”

“I wasn’t unhappy, I was pissed” I retorted in the middle of hogging the entire bowl. “what’s bothering you?”

“its just that I think my mom’s exaggerating all this. I really didn’t want all those people in the room, especially Jason”

She nodded “I know you feel like this is no big deal, when I was pregnant with your cousin Jade I wanted to kill everyone. Seriously I stabbed your mother in my 7th month” I stared at her

In shock “jeez I’m kidding, but I did cut her arm real bad with a kitchen knife”

“umm is that supposed to make me feel better?”

“no I guess not” her phone rang and she answered it “hello? Yeah sure. You’ve got them? Perfect, I’ll see you later then” she smiled brightly actually her face was beaming “its Jade, she got these pair of shoes at the mall” why would jade call her mother just to tell her that she got new shoes? But then again what do I know about mother-daughter relationships?

“hey listen sweetie, I should go meet her”

“Jade?”

“yeah she’s really dying for me to see those shoes and  she can’t wait and I don’t want to disappoint my daughter” am I the only normal one around here? They’re just shoes

“you don’t need my permission”I shrugged and she left me. She was definitely dating someone. My phone vibrated with a text

Hey I was wondering if you’d like to talk and meet up for coffee? I figured after what happened yesterday, you need to go out- Hayley

Not with this stomach!

Hey Hayley sorry I don’t think we can meet up I’m just really busy with this thing – kylie

It’s a Sunday! – Hayley

So? – Kylie

I was starting to change my mind about Hayley, I hated her now

Get your pregnant ass to this café right now before I come there and trust me I fucking will –Hayley

She was really annoying but her intimidating tone and rudeness made me think that we could be friends

Fine Haley whatever.

1 hour later

I sit across Hayley at red, the weird named café. She orders a latte I have hot chocolate because I’m pregnant though I’m not sure if caffeine will harm the little one. “so why’d you choose this place?” I ask her “I don’t know, maybe because its secluded and all”

“justin didn’t ask you to do this did he?”

“Justin? I haven’t seen him since yesterday” she was lying, I was the queen of lies,  I know when someone’s lying.

“you wanted to talk?” I ask her and she nods “you’re upset kylie, what’s the matter?”

“yesterday, I found out that I had to accept that I wouldn’t be in my child’s life when she’s born” I wiped away the tear. I shouldn’t cry here, in public.i looked at Hayley and she gave me an apologetic look.she wanted me to vent it all out so I did “I have to do the right thing, I have tolet my baby live and lets face it, she deserves this more than I do but Justin just can’t get it, he doesn’t know how much it hurts knowing that I could die and never see him again, but I didn’t choose this” I was crying hysterically and I received a few stares “go onhoney, let it all out “and then there’s my family, trying to act normal which they haven’t done for the past five years. They want to pretend that everything’s alright, but its not. My mom’s been cheating, I’m having a baby at seventeen and Emily’s in a comma so nothing’s the same, I could die Hayley! In a few months, and I don’t wanna die but I don’t want my daughter to die”

“and you’re not gonna die honey”

A waiter came over to our table he was thin and awkward probably in high school “listen ladies I umm” he was obviously intimidated by Hayley, I used to have that effect on people before my pregnancy “I have received a few complaints and some of the customers want you out of here. Please”

“I’m so sorry Hayley” I apologized while drying my tears

“you know what? Tell them to fuck off, they want us out tell them to come tell us to get our asses out of here themselves and STOP BEING PUSSYS” she yelled to everyone. I really liked this girl. I laughed “you remind me of myself”

“and you remind me of my grandmother” I laughed “thanks for listening Hayley. She shrugged its no problem really”

“so” I asked her, “what’s going on between you and Jeremy?”

She took a sip of her coffee “actually nothing we’re just friends” “really?  You seem a little more than that to me” I said referring to the three times I’d caught them making out “so we hook up oncein a while it doesn’t mean anything”

“pffft shut-up!” She replied trying to act tough but I saw her blush a little “why don’t you tell  him how you feel Hayley!”

“because its stupid and gross” “no its not, true love exists Hayley” I told her. I sounded really girly and all but never in a million years would I have thought I’d find true love “we’ll talk about that someother time, like maybe NEVER anyway kylie, I’m here for you today” I smiled, “its been a while since I had a friend, well a girl friend who’s been there for me”

“honey I am not your girl friend! I’m your bestfriendokay?”

“well if you put it like that, how can I say no?”

She smiled widely, “good and do you know what good bestfriends do? They take their preggie bestie shopping for her little girl”

I laughed “they? You don’t have clones do you?”

“no I meant Grace, yeah she’s also your new best friend and right now we’re going to pick her up and head to the mall where we’ll shop till we drop for our bestie’s daughter oh and by the way watch out for Grace, she’s a little mental”

“a little?”

“yeah okay a lot”

We paid and left the  red café smiling and giggling, something I hadn’t done in ages, that’s because my best friend had ditched me ages ago but here I was with a new best-friend, new baby, new boyfriend, my life definitely had changed from a few months ago and maybe I did like this change

K this chapter is not complete and didn’t go as planned, to be honest I was kinda clueless at first. I cant give any promises for the next chapter. Just for your information, Emily is not Kylie’s mom I may have implied that but she isn’t. oh and could someone please guess who red is before I reveal it? Oh and Grace and Hayley aren’t in the characters chapter because I hadn’t intended on adding them into the story until recently.

Like

Comment

Or vote

You know my name,

Lauren360<3