Chapter 8. Roomates??

Start from the beginning

"Already 5:37?? I guess I better start cooking dinner then. I am starving after all," I muttered to myself as I walked over to the kitchen. I took out some plain white rice and some curry sauce from the pantry and got two pots from the cabinet.

I set both pots on the counter. I turned around so that I could get the measuring cup, but as I turned, my elbow bumped the smaller pot and it fell on the floor. The kitchen had tile, so when the pot came into collision with the floor, there was a loud bang.

'You don't know loud until you hear a small pot fall four feet onto tile floor!' I thought as I bent down to pick it up. My hand slipped on the handle and the pot fell to the floor again, 'Why am I so clumsy today??'

Mina's POV

I set my stuff down and got out my textbook so that I could do my homework when I heard the loudest bang I've ever heard. It came from Sora's other side of the wall, so I rushed out the door and rang his doorbell. I didn't even bother to slip my shoes on.

'Come on! Answer already!!' I thought anxiously, hoping he wasn't hurt.

The door opened as Sora answered it. "Mina?? What're you doing here?" he asked.

"Well, I heard a loud crash coming from your place and I was wondering if you were alright!" I said.

"Oh... Yeah, I was just getting some pots out so I could make some curry for dinner tonight. But I seem to be a bit clumsy today, so I bumped the pot and it fell on the tile."

"Oh, your parents don't cook your dinner for you?" I asked.

"Umm, well... My mother passed away from cancer when I was a little kid. And my father is in England with his new wife, but I didn't approve of her, so I moved here by myself," he sounded a bit sad.

"I-I'm sorry Sora. I didn't know. My father abandoned my mom and I when I was small. So, my mom has to work almost non-stop. She's rarely even home because she's always on work trips around the world. I don't even know where she is right now," I replied. Just thinking of my dad made me so angry!!

"Wow... So I guess we both live alone, huh?" he asked. He sounded a little sympathetic, but I wasn't really sure why.

"Yeah. So, since you're clumsy today, want me to cook that curry for you? I'm actually a really good cook!"

"A-are you sure? It's ok if it's too much trouble! You don't have to!!" he assured.

"I wouldn't offer if it was too much trouble, silly!" I said while smiling and giggling a little.

"Alright then, Mina!" he said, opening the door a little more and inviting me in.

I walked inside and guided myself to the kitchen. It was right by the door, so it didn't take any exploring to find it. I picked up the rice box and started reading the instructions on how to cook it properly. I filled the pot with three cups of water and put it on high to let it boil. I filled the smaller pot with the curry and put it on medium heat.

"Do you have anything to stir the food with, Sora?" I asked.

"Umm, yeah. Let me get it for you," Sora walked over and started digging through one of the light brown wooden drawers. He pulled out two large black plastic spoons. "Are these good?" he asked, showing me the spoons.

"Yeah, they're fine!" I said, taking the spoons. "Now, can you get two plates for me please?"

"Yeah, no problem!" he said as he came right behind me and reached up to the cabinet on the wall. He got two large white plates out and set them on the counter. I pushed myself against the drawers, trying to not have my behind touch his... Uhh... Parts.