‘What?’ I asked.

‘We’re going on our first sibling road trip.’ She laughed then stopped as if remembering the reason ‘let’s go.’

By the time we got to New York it was already dark and having Alice passed out in the car next to me signaled that we needed to find a motel and figure out what we needed to do the next day, I drove through to a motel on the side of the motor way called ‘Star Inn’ and nudged Alice awake.

‘Is this a dream because I am not sleeping in this dump.’ She murmured.

‘Well unless you have more money this is where we are going to have to stay.’ I explained to her but paused when I heard my phone ring, I hesitated as I saw the unknown number on my screen.

‘Who is it?’ Alice asked peering over my shoulder.

‘I don’t know’ I stated ‘And I don’t want to know’ I hung up the phone and looked towards Alice’s questioning face.

‘What?’ I asked.

‘That could have been mum or dad you idiot.’ She exclaimed, the phone started to buzz again and before I could respond she grabbed it out of my hands and answered the phone.

‘Hello.’ She said then froze and guiltily turned to me ‘Yeah she’s here.’ And passed me the phone.

‘Who is it?’ I questioned her causing Alice to fidget in her seat.

‘I’ll wait out side’ She responded flashing me a guilty smile and leaving the car.

‘Hello?’ I said lifting the phone to my ear.

‘Where the hell are you.’ Lucien’s voice thundered in my ear.

‘Oh you know just a road trip.’ I said in a quiet voice.

‘Don’t make me ask you again Samantha.’ He growled.

‘No, you know what you were the one who left unannounced this morning and I just knew you weren’t going to give me answers! So I took matters into my own hands.’ I shouted not answering his questions.

‘Samantha, I have your parents.’ He replied, I sighed in relief.

‘Really? Where were they? Why did they leave? Are they okay?’ Everything seemed to come out in such a rush to me but at least they were okay.

‘That’s a good question isn’t it, you care about them so much that you want to know where they were, how they are doing.’ Lucien begun his voice was meant to have a trace of humor in it but instead all I could hear were the anger in his words ‘Let me tell you something, when I next see you I am never letting you out of my sight, it is dangerous out there and I can’t believe you went off like that.’

‘I know it’s just-’ I started but Lucien’s voice cut me off.

‘I don’t care about your excuses right now Samantha if anything happened to you..’ I heard something loud thump on the other side of the phone ‘I am only going to ask you one more time. Where are you?’

‘I’m in New York.’ I stuttered, the tone of his voice was making me shudder ‘I’ll come back in the morning, I’m too tired to drive right now.’

‘You’re not driving anywhere, I will come and pick you up in the morning, where are you staying.’ I could tell that he was extremely angry right now but he kept his voice level.

‘This place called The Star Inn, I don’t know it’s on the outskirts of town.’ I explained and I heard Lucien’s growl through my phone.

‘Stay with Alice and lock you’re door and don’t come out unless I call you.’ He instructed me, I bit my lip, I understood that he was possessive but it’s not like I couldn’t handle my self against humans, I didn’t understand why he was so worried.