Chapter 21: The Meeting and Sara's Torture Machine

Start from the beginning

“Indy!” two familiar voices shouted and I heard footsteps pound towards me.

Jeff and Sara wrapped me in their embrace and murmured words of worry. Their fear beat at me like it were my own, threatening to swallow me into its murky depths.

“I’m fine..” I said in between taking deep breaths.

“God, you scared me, Indy!” Sara said crushing me to her.

“Don’t do that again, D.” Jeff said holding Sara and me.

I lifted my head to look at them, they’re faces etched with sadness and fear.

“Hey, guys..I’m okay.”

Jeff’s eyes flashed with anger.

“Where is Nathan? Where the ~bleep~ is he?”

I stared at Jeff in shock.

I’d never heard him swear ever before. His hands fisted at his sides and he stood, his anger like fire in my veins. Sara and I shared a wide-eyed look.

By the time we looked back, he was striding towards the opposite direction, his anger evident in every step he took away from us.

Sara and I scrambled after him, we caught onto either of his arms and trust me, it didn’t deter him in the least.

He just continued to walk on, with us dragging along behind him, like we weighed nothing.

If it weren’t such a serious situation, I’d be laughing at both, Sara and my expressions, which was a mixture of shock, surprise and effort as we tried to dig our heels in to stop the angry wolf.

“Hey, Stripe!” Jeff hollered. His voice ringing in fury, catching everyone’s attention.

I looked around, meekly.

Ah, cripe. We were in the cafeteria. How the hell had he dragged us all the way here?

Nathan looked around from where ever he was sitting. I gritted my teeth. And whoever he was sitting with.

He raised an eyebrow at Jeff. Who started to storm away, shaking Sara and me off. We wobbled on our heels (most probably comically)and held on to one another so that we didn't face plant on the floor.

A hysterical giggle slipped out of me, before I cupped my mouth and reeled it in.

I slipped off my heels and took it into my hands (damn these Devil spawns, I was carrying them more than wearing them) because I needed to run, and running with heels? Yeah. Not a good idea.

I ran after Jeff as he stalked towards Nathan, who was now standing, his arms crossed across his chest and watching Jeff walk up to him, looking almost... bored.

The ass.

I came to stand facing Jeff and a few feet in front of Nathan, spreading my hands (heels and all) exactly when Sara came and grabbed onto her mate’s arm.

“Get out of my way, D.” Jeff growled, his unique dark blue eyes trained on Nathan.

“It’s not worth it, Jeff. Let’s just please go. It’s been a long day. And I’m tired and I have a meeting tomorrow I don’t want to attend.” I said, dropping my hands and looking at Jeff with a tired expression.

His eyes came back to me and he opened his left arm, while pulling Sara into his hug with his right. I walked towards his arms gratefully.

When I looked up  Nathan had a look of distress on his face. I just sighed and shut my eyes.