10 | The Art Dome

Start from the beginning

"Oooh," I sang, rubbing my hands together. My interest piqued the moment he told me he was meeting someone here, but now I couldn't resist keeping my nose out of his business. "Who is the lucky girl?"

Logan sighed before taking a seat on one of the beanbags on the floor. I couldn't help but laugh at the sight of him on a beanbag. His long legs spread out in front of him awkwardly as he struggled to sit straight. His confused and lost expression was almost cute. Almost.

"Stop laughing," Logan grumbled, still struggling to stop from sinking down into the beanbag. He let out a loud sigh after struggling for a while and let the beanbag engulf his large frame. His broad shoulders were scrunched awkwardly and he had an adorable little frown on his face. Unlike his two friends, when he frowned, he actually looked super cute. Like a frustrated puppy.

"You look ridiculous," I snorted, earning a glare from him.

"I should tell my mother to invest in some proper chairs," he mumbled, making me laugh at how serious he sounded.

"I don't get why this is so funny to you," Logan admitted when I didn't stop laughing, scrunching up his eyebrows.

"You look like a giant trying to fit in a dollhouse," I blurted out, bursting into another fit of giggles. Logan scowled and tried to get up from the beanbag, only to slip and fall back into it. I laughed so hard, tears started to form in my eyes.

"The next time you and your friends are being twats, I'm just going to make all of you sit in a beanbag," I laughed. Logan glared at me, but his expression showed a hint of playfulness.

"Come on," I beckoned, offering him a hand. He shot me a grateful look before grabbing my hand, but when he was halfway up, I let go of my grip, causing him to plonk back into the beanbag. I let out a bark of laughter.

"Oh man, this is too good!" I choked out, slapping my thigh loudly as I laughed at him. Logan only crossed his arms and glared childishly at me.

"I'm telling on you," Logan protested, which only made me laugh harder.

"What? Are you really going to tell the principal?" I laughed, wiping my eyes.

"Oh no," Logan exclaimed, "I'm telling Robin."

"Robin?" I repeated dramatically, eyes widening as I placed a hand over my heart.

"Oh lord, protect me from the evil spawn of Satan and his designer shoes," I cried dramatically.

And the most amazing thing happened next— Logan Marshall cracked a smile. A big, toothy grin that showed all of his pearly whites and made the breath hitch in my throat.

"You should smile more," I commented softly.

"As do you," Logan replied, his grin relaxing into a small smile.

"I smile," I protested.

"I don't think I've ever seen you smile. Perhaps it's because every time I see you, you tend to be glaring at Robin and Asher."

"Can you blame me?" I countered, and Logan chuckled.

"Touché," Logan said, resting his chin on the palm of his hand as he looked at me.

"So...who's the mystery girl?" I asked again, and Logan cringed.

"I was hoping you'd forget about that," he sighed. "You're not going to give up until I give you a name, right?"

"You know me," I winked. "Extremely persevering."

Logan stared at me, looking as if he was debating whether or not to open up. Finally, he cursed under his breath and laughed.