°1 jason

edited

edited 26 march, 14

edited a/n: all i can say us this is cheesy as fuck. it's like a 5-year-old wrote this... that's what i get for first one-shot.

Alice Knightley walked down the steps of her apartment, sighing. She strongly hoped the boy who moved in next to her wasn't home. He was always knocking on her door, hoping she was home. Most of the time Alice would answer, but some days she pretended she wasn't home. And today was one of those days.

What Alice didn't know, though, was that that boy was one of YouTube's popular Minecraft gamers. He was: Jason Probst, a.k.a. TrueMU or MinecraftUniverse.

And what Alice also didn't know, was that Jason kept knocking because he secretly liked her. Oh, and don't get me wrong, Alice likes Jason back, very much. But she's afraid that he'll turn out just like her ex-boyfriend, Chris. He was an abusive boyfriend, who cheated on her day and night, mostly in bed. Sad, right?

But today wasn't in Alice's favor. She parked her car, realizing Jason's car. And the engine was still on...

"Oh, hi Alice!" Jason's voice echoed through the garage.

She winced softly, but then spun around. "Hi Jason," she said, eyes squeezed shut tightly and lips too stiff to smile. She was worried that he would ask her what happened today.

"So what's up with today?" He asked, grabbing his keys from the his car and standing up. Apparently, today just hated her.

Well, I just got fired from my job, met my ex-boyfriend, got yelled at for bumping and spilling coffee on some fancy rich woman at Starbucks and I'm standing in front of a boy that I so-called had 'love-at-first-sight' but probably doesn't love me back, is what Alice really wanted to say, but instead said, "Oh nothing much."

Jason nodded, knowing something was up, but choosing not to push on it. He tried coming up with something so he could stay with her longer, but not make it a little... obvious.

"Wanna stay at my place for a while?" was the best thing he could come up with.

Alice wasn't in the mood to argue with Jason so she didn't hesitate to say, "Yeah, sure."

Jason secretly smiled inside and nodded. He grabbed Alice's hand, making her blush instantly, and walked her to his flat. Even though they were neighbors, he secretly wanted to hold her hand, cunningly thinking that plan would work. And it did.

They walked up the flight of stairs and when they reached his flat, Jason grabbed his keys with his spare hand and unlocked the door.

"Ladies first," he winked.

"Then shouldn't you go first?" she joked back, laughing at Jason's fake hurt face.

They laughed as they both agreed on walking in together. Their laughter was soon killed as they walked inside. There was a slight change in the temperature, actually, a big change. They both noticed it was colder, colder than outside even. Especially since it was Texas, in the winter, it was already cold outside.

"Shit," Jason whispered, letting go of Alice's hand. He walked to the apartment's heater.

Alice watched as he tried fixing it and he sighed. "Wanna check my place?"

Jason shook his head, knowing that both heaters are connected, meaning if one didn't work, the other wouldn't either. "Nope. Won't work either."

Maybe it was the look on Jason's face, or how tired she was, but she didn't want to question it. She just nodded calmly, pretending she knew why and how Jason knew her's wasn't working.