Chapter Twenty-Three

Start from the beginning

Blair is back, but doesn't remember anything past Klaus killing Arie.

"What?" I asked looking Stefan in the eye. "What does that mean?"

"I don't know honestly." I shook my head in confusion, but was suddenly thrust out of my thoughts with the room lighting brightly. I glanced at Bonnie who was chanting in Latin, or as Damon would call it "witchy language". She had her delicate hands hovering over Arielle and the candles that had been in the room burning bright and furious.

"Do you think this will work?" I asked Stefan, clasping onto his firm arm.

"I hope."

Arielle's POV

"Victas phesmatis ex eleto. Revertas phesmatis ut victas." Mom and I were chanting together trying to connect to Bonnie. Repeating the chant over and over, I could feel something inside of me. It's hard to explain, but it felt like a pulling to somewhere. I was starting to feel light headed, but I kept fighting it. The determination was keeping me strong during this whole experience, and I wasn't going to stop until I was back in Mystic Falls. I kept glancing at mom to make sure she was doing alright because this was a lot of magic to deal with, but I know she's a trooper.

Damon's POV

Sitting there with Blair was a real headache causer. She hadn't remembered anything she had said or done since Klaus...uh, since he killed Arie.

"Damon, I swear, I wouldn't lie to you about this."

"How do I know that this isn't some trick?"

"Ask me anything that only I would know." She said confidently.

"Okay." I thought about this question long and hard. I wasn't sure what to ask her, but I got to thinking. The "other Blair" wasn't anybody else, she just seemed more evil than her sweeter counter part. "What was the first thing I told you after we kissed?" She began to open her mouth to answer. "The first time."

"I'm only bringing this up because you asked, and you know I hate talking about it." She grumbled giving the infamous "Blair Glare". "You said, and I quote, 'you know, I really appreciate the generosity of tongue.'" Annnnnd she nailed it. Not my finest line, but what can a guy say after that? It was a freaking amazing kiss!

"Okay, I believe you, but that still doesn't make up for the fact that you helped Klaus-"

"Oh my god!" She exclaimed suddenly. "I'm such a damn whore! I can't believe I did that! Especially rubbing it in your face Damon." She sighed, placing her head in hands.

"Hey, hey. Talk to me. What did you remember?" I asked calmly, lightly grasping her hands and pulling them away from her face.

"Coming back here after the moment Klaus and I shared in the woods, and then I gloated about it to you and Elena and Stefan, I'm so sorry, Damon." She said with tears in her eyes as she looked back at me.

As we stared into each other's eyes, I felt some sort of pull towards her. The moment was getting stronger as she was pulling closer to me as well, but as we were inches away, I pulled back quickly.

"Uh, we should go find them." I awkwardly said.

"Oh, um, yeah." Then we left out the door as I tracked my brother's scent.

Elena's POV

Watching Bonnie do this spell, it seemed to be working as the candles were higher and brighter. I prayed that this was going to work, for Damon's sake. I don't think he can handle another heart break, and that's what terrified me.