CHAPTER 13

Josh

   As I got out of bed and looked out my window I could see the leaves starting to turn red, orange, and yellow. The cool fall air blowing the leaves from a tree across the yard. It's September now and school will be starting again tomorrow. I should be more excited about being a senior but I just can't be knowing that Zeak won't be there with me.

That's right, over summer vacation I left to visit my grandmother for a week and when I came back Zeak was gone. I went to his house, the first thing I did when I got home but only to find that Zeak and his family were gone. No sign of anyone living in the house he had lived in our whole lives. I asked my mom if she had heard anything but she hadnt and neither had anyone else. I've tried calling him but it always goes straight to voicemail.

Going into my bathroom take a shower, I glanced at my self in the mirror. I looked just how I felt, absolute shit. My hair has grown down in my face, my eyes look like I hadn't slept in 10 years, my skin was so light compared to its original tan color, and my once muscular shaped body had lost about 20 pounds.

I miss him so much. Nothing seems right about anything. I can't sleep at night because the side of my bed that was his is now as cold as ice. I can't eat anymore not knowing if he's okay or where he is.

"Josh are you awake" I heard my dad ask from the other side of my bedroom door. My dad and I made up before I went to my grandmother's house. He's been here for me ever since I came back. He would stay up at night with me no matter what time he had to be at work the next day  while I just sat and cried.

" yeah dad. Just going to take a shower then I'll be down stairs"

"Okay son. I'll be back at 3:00 I have to run into work for a few hours."

"Okay dad, I love you and be careful.

"I will Josh, I love you too son" he said then left.

I took my shower then climbed back into my bed not feeling very energized today. There was only one thing on my mind, just like every other day.

I woke up to the sound of my mom cooking down stairs in the kitchen. Climbing out of bed looking at my alarm clock it read 6:30 pm. I don't want to go down stairs but I knew if I didn't then My mom would just be more worried then she already is.

"Hey mom, sorry I didn't hear you come in or I would have woken up." I said kissing her head.

"That's alright baby. I would rather you be asleep anyways since you hasn't been doing that lately."

"Where's dad. He said he only had to work till 3." I said looking Around for him.

"He did, he just ran to the store to get a few things that we ran out of."

After dinner I went back up to my room to see if I could get anymore sleep before school tomorrow. I can already tell this is going to be the worst year of my life.
-------------------------------------------------- OMG I am so sorry that I hadn't updated in a really long time! Good news is this book is almost done And there will be a second book to this!!! Bad news is, is that I really want to finish my other 2 books before starting the next one to this. Im almost finished with KMT so I just have secrets left. Comment if you would like for me to draw the rest of the book out so there will be more chapters or just hurry and finish. Either way I will be up loading once a week and maybe more but I need to know what you lovely people want me to do about the chapters first. So don't forget to vote if you liked this chapter and comment what you want me to do!!! I love you all and will update real soon!!