Part 6

Back in the sickbay Paria and Wes stood and watched as Bones briefed his assistant.

"I think Dr. McCoy likes Miss Berret," Wes whispered to his sister. Paria looked the two over and nodded at her brother's statement. An idea popped into her head and she gave her brother a wicked smile, Wes returned it.

"Dr. McCoy do you like Miss Berret?" Paria asked loud enough for her point to get across. Bones became flustered.

"No, I am not."

"You're lying," Wes stated.

"No I'm not!"

"You did it again," Paria said.

"What?!"

"When you lie your voice fluctuates," Wes informed the doctor.

"And Kirk wonders why I don't like watching the two of you."

"I think they're cute," said Phoebe Barret. The twins smiled at her while Bones mumbled to himself. All of a sudden lights began to flash and sirens went off.

"Attention, prepare for battle stations!" came Chekov's voice over the speakers. Paria looked up at Bones and could see the worry in his face.

"Phoebe, keep the kids here. I'm going up to the bridge to see what the heck is going on."

"Yes, Dr. McCoy." Bones left the two frightened children with his assistant. She got down at their eye level. "Do you two want to see how to work the tricorder?" she asked the two, peaking their Vulcan interest. The two nodded and she pulled down a tricorder for them to share. Paria was intrigued with the small device and the fact it could do so much. The twins examined each other and Phoebe. All of a sudden the ship jerked throwing everyone off balance. Red lights began to flash.

"What is going on?" Wes asked Phoebe.

"I don't know, but we need to stay here." As soon as Phoebe said that, the doors locked. Paria noticed the worried look on her face. Phoebe took the children into Bones' office. "Hide in here and don't move. We've been boarded. I'll give you the okay when I can," She told the children and locked them in the office. Wes and Paria gave each other a worried look and hid under the desk. They fit nicely. Paria grabbed the communicator off of the top of it. The two heard the main door to the sickbay be blasted open. There was screaming and a lot of noise. One shot went off and it became quiet. Wes and Paria held their breath as the invaders tried the door to the office.

"Open it!" one of the figures barked.

"I can't I don't have the authorization code. Only Dr. McCoy has that," Phoebe told her kidnapper. The twins heard another gunshot and Phoebe scream. Wes covered Paria's mouth. Another shot was fired and the invaders forced the door open.