Prologue

A pair of scarred legs maneuvered through the blood-stained battlefield.

A woman appeared disgusted by the rotting smell radiating off of the decaying corpses laying in the surrounding area. 'How did it come down to this?' She always questioned, 'why would fate be so cruel? Why did it rip everyone away from me by tearing the life from their bodies?'

Looking around, only to see that there truly was no one left to live. Every once living thing lay unmoving. The trees and flowers were wilting from the lack of sunlight and rain.

The animals had evacuated the dead forests in hopes of survival, but she doubted they had gotten far enough before dying. Maybe fate thought that their souls were too pure for the newly tarnished world. But, if that's true, why is she still breathing this polluted air? Why let her suffocate in this lonesome world? Death now surrounds everything.

Fate can truly be cruel.

She clucked her tongue. "Fate; such an annoying word."

Her clothes are torn, her dark pink hair is caked in dry blood; most likely from her fallen comrades. Many gashes adorn her once unscathed skin.

"Fate this, Fate that." She suddenly stopped in front of a half mangled body. Her eyes stared at it coldly. She recognized half of it to be Madara Uchiha. "You bastard," she seethed through gritted teeth. She began to roughly stomp on his head. "This is your fault you fucker." She continued to angrily crush his head with her foot. "You fucking son of a bitch!" She added chakra to her foot and brought it down on him. His head protruded blood and mashed chunks of his brain. "Who's the worthless bitch now?"

/♪/♪/♪/

The woman walked for what seemed like forever. She was starting to give up on her quest to find some life.

Thinking that it wasn't worth the trouble anymore she reached down and took hold of a dirty kunai lodged into the earth. "I should end my life here and now. Just to get it over with already. I'm tired of being in this fucking hell."

When she brought it up to trust it into her chest, a voice cuts in. "Now, now, Sakura-chan. Don't be so hasty to die. We haven't gotten the opportunity of playing yet."

"Don't call me that." She said, dull eyes on the paused kunai.

"But I like calling you that, Sakura-chan." He sang, not moving from his spot. "You should smile, Sakura-chan. I think you'd look prettier when happy."

"You sicken me," she spat. "My happiness died with my friends and family long ago. You're a worthless piece of shit for even saying that."

"Don't be mean," he fake whined. "It hurts my feelings when you speak to me that way."

"What feelings?" She bitterly chuckled. "Monsters like you couldn't possibly have any emotions."

"You see, that's where you're wrong my dear, Sakura-chan. Us 'evil' people were never born like this. Evil isn't born, it's made. It's made by the cruelty and selfishness of others." He took off his swirly orange mask. Under that mask was a man with black hair. Half of his face is scarred. His onyx eyes stared at her. "I wasn't always like this. I used to be just like your blond friend. The class clown who always smiles and laughs. The one who was oblivious to just how awful the world really was."

"Don't compare yourself to him." She whirled around, expression fierce. Her emotionless green eyes held a small flicker of fire at the mention of her deceased blond friend. "He was nothing like you. He stayed a pure human-being with feelings until his very last breath."

"What about Sasuke?" The scarred man asked. "Was he anything like me?"

Her mouth formed a thin line as she pressed her lips together before opening her mouth to speak. "Sasuke was a special case. He might not have been like Naruto till the end, but I cared for him just as much as I did for everyone else. Even he wasn't close to being like you."