Homecoming: Remus

I jumped up from my bed as I felt something vibrate. I blinked blearily and reached for my coat, the source of the buzzing noise. A few dark and angry seconds later and a cut to my finger, I found it.

The mirror.

The mirror Prongs and Padfoot had used in the good old days in Hogwarts to talk to each other during detentions. When I picked it up, grunting a few choice words under my breath and flicking my wand at the door, I muttered Sirius's name at the mirror.

"What the bloody-" I began, but Sirius, being Sirius, interrupted.

"WHAT DID YOU THINK YOU WERE DOING?!" He all but screamed at me. I was very thankful for the Muffliato spell at that moment. "YOU LEAVE US HERE ALONE, I ALMOST DIE AGAIN, AND HARRY'S BEEN SENT HOME FROM SCHOOL TO COME FIND YOUR SORRY ARSE," he continued. Sirius's face was livid, his lips curled up in a snarl. I had expected this, I knew Sirius all too well.

And then he said something that I had not expected. "Come home, Moony," he said, voice breaking. I couldn't tell wether it was from tears or from yelling so much. "We miss you. We never wanted you to leave."

"But I can't, it's not safe," I said lamely, cursing the lump in my throat.

"SHUT UP. We want you home, and we will come for you if you're not home within the next five hours." Sirius disappeared from view then, and the mirror showed three young faces. Harry and Ron grinned at me, and the bushy haired girl smiled meekly.

"I'm Hermione Granger, sir. Harry's friend." She smiled again, showing large front teeth. Then she frowned. "You know, you've worried the whole cottage. We had to stop Sirius from posting a 'missing' notice in the Daily Prophet." I grimaced, and then Harry's face took up the glass, those big green eyes mournfully staring up at me.

"I'm sorry, cub. It was for the best," I whispered, not trusting myself to speak.

"Come home, Uncle Moony. Just come home." Then his image disappeared.

The tears in my eyes threatened to spill. I blinked them back, forcing myself not to cry, but they came anyways. They wanted me home. I was wanted. I wasn't the outcast I thought myself to be.

I sat for a few moments on the edge of the bed, thinking. Thinking? There was no time for that anymore. I dressed in layers and threw my belongings in my rucksack.

I was going home.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hey, you guys!

I'm really sorry for the slow updates and short chapters! I've just been obsessed with another book on this wonderful invention, Potter. At the moment I forget who wrote it. I apologize. You should check it out.

I'll try update more often, and thank you so much for your votes, comments, and eagerness for more. Thanks especially to @BLANKMINDS966 for your happy comments! I really appreciate it! I know there's more of you, and I will mention you soon.

Love y'all!

Echo