The Rescue: Sirius & Remus

Sirius and Remus appeared at the very end of Privet Drive. It was approaching seven in the evening, and the two men in cloaks swept their way to number four. Sirius couldn't keep the grin off of his face, but sobered as they neared their destination.

"You filthy piece of scum! Y-you dirty slime!" The voice went on to describe the thing in much more profane descriptions. Followed by a whimper and then a scream.

Sirius and Remus looked at each other. "Remy-is that-"
"Harry," Remus answered. With that he took the lead and knocked on the door.

The door opened to reveal a long necked woman with a horsey grin, which soon faltered as she saw the cloaks and angry stares. "Wh-who are you? What are you doing h--you're one of them," she broke off in a whisper, her face pale. Sirius took the opportunity to shove her aside and stomp into the house. Remus quickly followed, not after putting a full body bind curse on Petunia. She screamed, but to no avail. The silencing spell had done its job.

Remus followed the noise from the telly, which came from the living room. There he saw something that resembled a pink beach ball, and next to it was the one and only Vernon Dursley. He stood there, laughing, as a small black haired child was sitting crying in a corner. Remus and Sirius performed the exact procedure which they had done to Petunia on him.
Vernon tried to shout. He struggled to kick and punch. But in vain. Sirius smirked as he pushed Vernon over.

"Revenge, for a while, eh Remy?" Remus just nodded and started to walk towards Harry.

He crouched down near the cowering boy, who had forgotten what was happening and was staring at the spell bound people in front of him. "Hello, Harry," Remus said in a light, calm tone. He stayed a few feet away from the boy, but Harry jumped and flattened himself against the wall.

"We're not going to hurt you," Sirius said, following Remus's lead. Harry looked at them with wide, frightened eyes.

"We are your uncles, Harry. Would you like to come and live with us?" Remus ignored Sirius's snort of laughter and looked at Harry. Harry was still very frightened and would not speak.

"It's okay, Harry. We will never hurt you." Sirius came just a bit closer and reached his hand out. Harry, who obviously expected a slap of some sort, scooted a few inches away. It made the two mens' hearts ache to think that the innocence and trusting had been taken away from a child so young. "I will never hit you," Sirius said slowly, his hand still extended.

It took time, and many choruses promising to never hurt the child, but Harry allowed his hand to be taken by the two men. They walked from the house into the night.