"I made breakfast!"

"I always make breakfast and I still clean."

Luke groaned, rolling his eyes. "Fine but only because I want to get out the door on time."

"Good."

Before long I was already cleaning the living room, Luke doing the dishes from breakfast and I'd bribed him into sweeping and mopping the kitchen floor.

Within a couple hours all the house work was done and I decided I should do something with my appearance. Knowing Luke, we wouldn't be going anywhere fancy so I brushed my hair and pulled it into a ponytail. I washed my face and didn't bother putting makeup on. I decided it wouldn't be socially acceptable to wear sweats out in public so I put on a pair of jeans and a sweater, my usual attire.

I spent the remainder of the afternoon reading. Around 4:45 Luke came in bugging me about leaving.

"I'm ready to go, chill out," I said, getting up and putting my shoes on.

We walked to the bus station down the street from our apartment and waited for a few minutes. The bus came right at 5:15 and we got on, sitting close to the front.

"One of us really needs to get a car," I said, cringing at a man who sat in front of us that reeked of alcohol.

"Yeah, I'm going to have one soon," Luke said. "I was looking today."

"I could dip into my savings and get one," I said. "Anything but all this public transportation."

The bus dropped us off somewhere about 10 minutes later, and Luke and I stepped into the crisp February evening air.

"This way." Luke placed an arm around my shoulder, walking with me down the sidewalk. I understood what we were doing the moment we got to the parking lot.

"Really?" I almost laughed as Luke walked us inside.

"Yes!" Luke said. "I've been wanting to do this for so long!"

-

"Ooh! Bingo! Bingo!" the woman on the other side of Luke threw her arm up in the air, waving it at her success.

We'd been playing Bingo with these old people for about 45 minutes now and I was having the most fun I'd had in a long time.

Luke kept talking rather loudly, making the man in front of us turn around and rudely "shh" him multiple times, and of course Luke wouldn't be able to control his laughter when the man would turn around.

"G21," the woman standing at the front of the room said into her microphone. "G21."

"Hey Taylor, I almost have a Bingo," Luke leaned over and whispered to me. I laughed at his chart. It had 2 spots marked in totally different places, one of them being the free space in the middle.

"Excuse me, miss!" a mousy looking woman next to me tapped on my shoulder. "Quiet down, would you?"

"Sorry," I whispered, turning back to Luke quickly.

"B7," the woman said into the microphone. "B7."

Oh god.

"B7?!" Luke stood from his seat. "B7?! You sunk my battleship!"

I couldn't handle it anymore. I bursted out laughing, as did Luke, earning us about 30 blank stares from everyone in the room in front of us, including the woman calling out the numbers.