Prologue

I looked down at the disgusting, stew type concoction the school canteen had served up today, and pushed it away, wrinkling my nose. There was no way I was touching that.

"So why don't you just say yes to Kyle?" Eleanor, sat across the table, exclaimed. I smiled briefly at her before shrugging. I glanced around me at all my friends staring at me with their eyebrows raised. I laughed slightly, clearly that wasn't a good enough explanation for them.

"I don't know. I mean he's nice, and I know everyone expects us to just get together because he's the captain of the soccer team and I'm head cheerleader, but just because it's what people expect doesn't mean I have to do it." I looked down at my manicured nails, before looking up and pushing my blonde hair behind my ear. "I want some spontaneity in my life! I want to be swept off my feet like in the movies you know? Kyle just doesn't do that for me". At that my friends all sighed, clearly caught up in the same fantasy that I was.

"So... does that mean I can make a move for him?" Karen wiggled her eyebrows at me. I just rolled my eyes in return.

"Go for it!" The rest of my friends began to break off into their own conversations, before Karen leaned over and placed a hand on mine. I looked up, inquisitive.

"Honestly Cinnie, you're a knockout. It will be no time at all before someone comes along trying to sweep you off your feet, I promise" She smiled at me and I grinned back, just as the door to the canteen opened. I hadn't looked then, but if I had, I would have seen the guy that changed the course I was on to a whole new future.

Dedication to Fallzswimmer - The Heartbreak Chronicles is one of my fav books on here so check it out!