They had a floor length mirror in there, one that added even more dimension to their already sizeable bathroom. I took a brisk shower - I couldn't resist their rain shower - before catching sight of my reflection. I frowned, realizing that I had lost weight.

But then I recalled all the sandwiches I'd been living off and it occurred to me that I needed to change my diet or god forbid I could lose my curves that I cherished so much. I dried my disgusting mousy brown hair, got into a bathrobe and exited the marble bathroom.

Elias was lying down on the bed. His form wasn't something I would have noticed if he wasn't dressed head to toe in black. The color contrasted wildly against the pristine white sheets. He was like a stain on the sheets (an attractive stain), I couldn't peel my eyes away.

"Morning," I greeted cautiously.

He had both hands rested behind his head, his eyes appraising my form. Well, not that there was much to appraise with a thick bathrobe hiding everything that should be covered.

"Good morning," he finally greeted back. "How did you sleep?"

"Like a baby," I smiled a rare smile.

"Good to hear. Family breakfast, in T minus 12 minutes," Elias said as he peeped at his watch. "Alright, I'll leave you to get changed."

He pushed himself off the bed, about to leave.

"You can stay and watch if you want to," I half joked.

He halted for several deafening heartbeats. I could see his back muscles tense, his hands robotically running through the curls atop his head. He peered at his watch for the second time.

"You have eleven minutes," he turned to look at me.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Means if I stay we'll definitely take more than eleven minutes," Elias returned with a measured expression.

I shrugged. "Whatever."

"Andrea," his lips twisted into a helpless smile. Everything that he wanted to say, was efficiently communicated in the way he said my name. He looked so handsome this morning. I felt my breath catching in my throat.

"Fine, fine."

"I'll be back in about ten minutes to walk you to our breakfast room," Elias shot me a thumbs up, one that I returned instantaneously. As an afterthought, he added, "I hope you're not one of those girls who take ages to prepare."

"I don't even wear makeup, don't worry."

He left after that, and I wasted no time in scuffling through the mountain of Forever 21 clothes that we bought yesterday. After what felt like eternity (really it was 7 minutes), I found myself clothed in a translucent black top, jeans so ripped that it revealed more skin than it covered, and I paired my badass ensemble with very tame, Grandmother-approved ballet flats. I really needed to get new shoes.

I barely had time to fix my hair before a knock arrived on my door. My mother used to say that I was blessed to inherit my dad's hair. Not the color - the color reminded me of rats - but the volume and the waves. I had hair that some girls paid a fortune to acquire at saloons.

"Perfect," Elias's voice arrived from where he stood.

I turned, flashed him my own version of a million dollar smile, before walking towards him in my best cat walk.

"You like it, daddy? Your little girl dressed up just for you."

He laughed. "I swear, you're way better at this than you should be."