Our Everlasting Melody (14)

Start from the beginning

"Anyway, I was just wondering when you were planning on talking to Jane," Thomas brought up now, and I wasn't really surprised that this was what he really wanted to talk about.

I shrugged. "I don't know. Soon?"

Thomas squinted his eyes at me. "How soon?"

"Why are you so aggravating?"

He laughed, giving us a small wave before taking a step away. "Fine, fine, I'll back off for now. But try to talk to her soon, okay? I don't want her getting swept up by some other guy."

I bit the inside of my lip to stop myself from gushing about how cute he was about Jane. He really liked her a lot. But I knew he would just deny it if I brought it up.

"Well, I have to get back to rehearsal," I informed the two twins now, stretching up onto my toes and pecking Blake on the lips quickly before taking a step away. "I'll see you guys later."

I quickly made my way back to the auditorium, because I was pretty sure that I had taken a little too long to get my script and Mr. Summers was probably going to think that something was up. The last thing I wanted was to get into trouble.

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion when I saw Leslie leaning against the wall outside the auditorium door. She didn't even notice I was near her until I called out, "Leslie?"

She gasped in surprised, looking up in relief when she saw that it was only me. "Leah," she breathed. "You scared me."

"Sorry," I apologized, knowing how much it sucked to get scared for absolutely no reason whatsoever. "What are you doing here?"

"I... I need to talk to you," she whispered now.

Oh, no. This didn't seem good in the slightest. And I was sure that it had something to do with Derrick, since Leslie wouldn't have come to me for advice about school or family, considering I had average grades and my family was nuts.

"I'm thinking about breaking up with Derrick," Leslie confessed to me quietly, so quiet that I barely even heard her. All I could do was stare at her, completely speechless.

"Wh... What?" was all I was able to force out.

"Derrick just flirts with other girls all the time," Leslie huffed, her arms crossed over her chest tightly as she leaned against a locker. "He hasn't flirted with you, has he?"

I had to think about it for a moment. Derrick had definitely flirted with me, we had even kissed, but that was way before they started dating. And I was pretty sure that Leslie knew all about that stuff.

"The last time he hit on me was a long time ago," I answered her honestly. "It was before Blake and I even started dating."

Leslie looked relieved, but still very worried. I knew that I wasn't the only girl she was worried about Derrick flirting with. Cassie had used to have a crush on him, and I was sure other girls did as well.

"I was just... wondering..." she stuttered now, very embarrassed by what she was about to say. "Since you're my only close friend that's single..."

Oh, no. I already knew this wasn't going to be good, especially since I wasn't really single.

"I was just wondering if you'd hit on Derrick and try to hook up with him or something to see if he'll actually do it," she finished now.

I just stared at her for a moment. Had she seriously just asked me to try to sleep with her boyfriend? I knew Leslie wasn't that great with relationship kind of things, but that... That just seemed too outrageous!