Chunk 3

It actually isn't until the third day of our friendship, today, when we get judgement. "Ew," the most obnoxious voice in the world says. "Are you two FLIRTING?" I roll my eyes and turn to face Lucy Lark, a much too cutesy name for a hellbeast. The look on her face says it all, the grimace/smirk that comes with a harsh tease. She's pretty much the worst person on earth. She's a vegan (I'm a carnivore), she's Lutheran (I'm a scientist), she's the fashion capital of the world (i wear t-shirts detailing my immense love for the immortal Fall Out Boy and my hatred for the rest of the world), she's a senator's daughter (which gives her the most pompous attitude on the planet), and she's a die-hard homophobe (do I really need to explain this one?).
"So what if we are?" I say defensively.
"You two aren't right in the head," she says in her best Valley Girl voice. "God made us so that boys and girls are attracted. It's Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve." It's not like I haven't heard that ten billion times.
"Well, the thing about humans is that we evolve," I say back to her in my "you're a three year old" voice. "And God might have made us that way initially, but our brains have changed over the course of two million years."
"Actually, there's no such thing as evolution," Lucy retorts.
"Yes there is," I sigh. "It's been scientifically proven, no matter what your stupid religion says." Lucy scoffs.
"I don't diss you being an Atheist," she says.
"First of all, I'm not Atheist," I reply. "I don't have a religion. I'll believe in one when it becomes obvious that one exists. And second, your Bible has prevented more people from getting married than there are "miracles" that your God performed."
"Guys, shut up," another random kid snaps. "The roll's waking up." We glare at each other before turning to the front of the class, acting like nothing happened.
"Well, she's not very nice," Kyle whispers just barely too loudly. I snort and cover my face as Lucy audibly gasps. And, just to make her more angry, I lean over and kiss Kyle on the cheek. We both blush. HARD. (It was worth it.)

----------
Like it? Vote and comment your feedback! I love to hear from you!
Love you :)
-Becca