Chunk 2

One of the deans stands behind him. I don't know her name because it's only been a month since I've been here. I throw my slingshot under the desk as she and the new kid walk in. Oh, the new kid: what a work. He's tall, handsome, and serene, and he makes everyone other boy look like cow shit. Not that they don't already look like cow shit, but he just emphasizes it. I can't stop looking at him. It's slightly embarrassing, actually.
"This is Kyle," the dean says. "It's his first time at school, so be nice." She nods at the seat next to me. "Go sit by Lucas." I can hear numerous girls sigh in jealousy as he sits down. I look over at him and his perfectly formed skull, his jaw angular and firm, his glowing blue eyes the perfect distance apart. His nose is the perfect shape and size, and his lips are the perfect color. His honey gold hair is fluffed up around his head like mane.
"Hi," he says. My heart dances and sings, jumping around in my chest.
"Hi," I reply. I can't tell if I'm blushing or not. I desperately hope not. I'm already on the run. I don't need people thinking I'm gay. Even though I probably am.
"I'm Kyle," he says, holding his hand out. Oh my god, even his hand is gorgeous.
"I'm Lucas," I reply, shaking his hand. "So, were you homeschooled or something?"
"Yeah," Kyle replies, pulling his hand away. "My parents didn't want me going to school for some reason." He shrugs adorably.
"Huh," I say stupidly. No, Lucas, no. Be cool.
"So, how long have you been in this school?" Kyle asks.
"A month," I reply. "I'm not exactly a teacher's pet."
"Did you get kicked out of your other school?" Kyle whispers, like it's Voldemort or something.
"Yeah," I reply with a smirk. "I got kicked out of three." His eyes go wide and I can't help but giggle. He looks SO CUTE.
"What?" he says, blushing and trying to smooth his hair back. "Did I say something?"
"No," I reply. "You're just cute." He starts to say something, but only a strangled noise comes out, his blush deepening.
"I what?"
"You heard me."

----------------
Like it? Vote and comment! I appreciate any and all feedback from you, my wonderful readers :)
Love ya!
-Becca