A Rubber Band, A Paperclip & Three Chickens

Start from the beginning

"The only shoes I have would leave me more exposed to what's on the bathroom floor than going barefoot would," I whined and he had the nerve to snort at me in amusement.

"Well, I've never had a use for girl toilets and any girls that have visited me have snuck into the boys toilets," He informed me and I groaned in frustration.

"What am I going to do?" I demanded, eyeing off a plant I could see over Taylors shoulder in his room. He turned to look at what I was eyeing off and faced me again with a determined frown.

"My mother brought that for me as a 'you-finally-moved-out-of-the-damn-house' present. You are not peeing on my plant," He told me with a serious face.

"Oh my god," I groaned loudly in pain. "Then help me then!" I begged, still hopping around like an idiot. "I need results, Cadley. Not more things I can't do!" I may have started to wail a little.

"Go use your own bathroom?" He suggested like I was an idiot for not thinking of it myself.

"I am literally in pain, I need to pee that bad. How would I make it to my own toilet when I don't even think I could make it to the café toilets, which are closer? Help me!" I begged him and he sighed.

"Where's Jake?" He asked.

"Sleeping," I replied quickly. "Help me, Taylor."

"You owe me," He smirked again, looking highly amused.

"Fine, just help me," I agreed. Taylor watched me jump from foot to foot again a couple more times and then seemingly satisfied that I had embarrassed myself enough stepped back into his room. He came back with a pair of his cleaner looking running shoes.

"I haven't worn these before, so you won't get foot germs. Put 'em on and go use the guys toilets," he offered them to me.

"Oh my god," I groaned, snatching them from him and running down the hall. Hopping as I tried to slip them on, on the run.

"You're welcome," He called out as I made my dash.

I made the toilet in time, but only just. Without going into too much info... well, I pissed like a race horse.

Walking back with an eerily calm happy feeling of relief, Taylor had left his door ajar so I knocked and let myself in. He was on his bed, playing Xbox.

"How'd you go Black Caviar?" He smirked at me, "The only time I've seen a girl run that fast down the hallway was when her boyfriend called her because I had made her forget she was meant to meet him."

"Do you ever get tired of being immoral?" I asked and he laughed.

"Hell no," He assured me.

"Well at least you're consistent," I murmured, pulling the shoes off and placing them on the bed.

"Thanks," He told me distractedly and he threw the shoes in the general direction of the wardrobe while still playing his game. "I need your help," He told me, patting his bed as a sign for me to make myself comfortable.

"Help with what?" I asked, sitting down next to him, distantly wondering if Jake might be up yet.

"Marks class assignment," He told me as he shot a character in his game at point blank range making his head explode. "Have no idea what to do for it, aye."

"Why don't you try being a decent human being for two weeks? I know it will be hard, but I think you'd scrape through it."

"Ha. Fucking. Ha," Taylor glared at me. "I helped you with yours; you need to help me with mine. And remind me again who just gave you covered shoes so you could take a piss?" I smirked at him, highly amused

"Thank you, Taylor. You're a prince," I cooed at him indulgently.

"Damn fucking right I am," He replied shortly, making me laugh out loud.

"I'll think about what you could be possibly taking for granted in your life, other than a decided lack of morals when it comes to the finer sex and get back to you," I told him, standing up. "I better get back before Jake realises I'm gone."

"Have fun with the grouch," Taylor replied dryly. "Not that that's probably possible nowadays," He added a little quieter.

"Stop it," I chastised him lightly, which made a small smirk appear as I left him in his room.

I got back to Jakes room to find him sitting up against the head rest, with his phone in his hand. He looked sleepy and gorgeous and I found myself smiling as I stood in the doorway. He looked up at me and he smiled back at me.

"I thought you had run off," He told me.

"Had to use the bathroom," I told him as I crossed the room, He looked me up and down and his eyes stopped at my feet.

"You went shoeless?" He asked. "You aren't getting into my bed with bare feet that have been through that bathroom," He laughed.

"I know, the floor is putrid. Luckily Taylor was awake so he borrowed me a pair of sneakers he hadn't worn yet. Feet are all clean," I promised.

"Taylor?" He asked and I nodded, slipping onto the bed next to him. "You been with him all morning?" he demanded sharply.

"uh, no." I looked at Jake highly alarmed. "I was gone for all of fifteen minute and spent the majority of that in the bathroom," I informed him.

"But you did hang out with him this morning?" He snapped.

"What is your problem with him?" I asked, trying to keep it light by laughing as I said it.

"Nothing," Jake shook his head and apparently his sour feelings towards Taylor. "Come get back into bed," He beckoned me and despite my uneasiness from his attitude about Taylor, I climbed in next to him anyway. "Sorry," He apologised as he pulled me into his side, leaning down to nuzzle his face into my neck. "I thought it was just me, but we smell distinctly hung-over," He murmured into my neck.

"Tell me about it," I laughed in agreement.

"Let's go take a shower," He suggested and I pulled back to look at him doubtfully.

"I'm not going into those bathrooms barefoot and I don't think Taylor would like me getting his new shoes wet," I told him and he only snorted at me, amused.

"Shower. caps." He stated as he poked my nose with each word.

"Are for your head..." I replied like he was a three year old asking what their use was.

"Also, for your feet. One for each foot and a rubber band around your ankle," He informed me like he was the king of all things feet. "Their cheap, disposable and better than grubby old flip flops."

"How do you wash your feet then?" I asked, trying to remember if I ever thought his feet were horribly gross and unwashed.

"Quick rinse before you put your shoes on," He told me.

"You're incredible," I laughed and he shrugged.

"Ah, that's nothing. You should see what I can do with a rubber band, a paperclip and three chickens," He teased.

"Save the world?" I asked, trying not to grin.

"Pretty much," He shrugged modestly, before laughing a little. "Come on, let's get in there before someone else sees you snatches you up for themselves," He leapt out of bed and tugged me out as I laughed and let him.