My Way

There was no trace. Everyone woke up to Itachi and Ayako gone. Pain wasn't speaking a word to anyone. Nothing was left. Their room completely empty. At the moment they were safely hidden away. Deep in the forest. A small house. Covered in plants. Flowers everywhere. Not a living soul within hundreds of miles. Pain had given him a once in a life time offer. One that he could never turn up. All for Ayako.

Itachi sits at the table writing on a scroll. Ayako eating beside him, slurping at her noodles. He had been writing since he had arrived. This letter had to be perfect. Down to the last detail. The only person he will allow read this is Kakashi. Everything that needs to be done, how too, and why, are written among these pages. Written so anyone can see. But hidden within can only be summoned by Kakashi.

The only man Itachi can trust.

A long letter. Taking longer then he had hoped. By the time he had finished it was already dark. He summons a crow attaching it to his back sending it on his way. Hey lays Ayako down to sleep before going outside to repeat the holds he has placed on his home. 

📜📜📜

The crow wasn't really noticed by the villagers as it flew over the walls. But Tsunade did.
The operation to get the village cleaned up and back to normal was still underway and the hokage building was still in ruins. It landed on the tallest building that was left standing.
"There's a letter attached to it." Sakura says. She climbs the building trying to retrieve it. It disappears leaving the letter behind.
"Bring it down to me Sakura." Tsunade says. She jumps down.
"It's addressed to Kakashi Sensei." Tsunade nods holding out her hand.
"Bring him to me."