Found

A crying girl wanders around the woods. Her screams for her dad seemed to fall on deaf ears. Her feet stung with every step she took. Her throat was beginning to hurt as well. She had been alone for hours. Fallen over tree stumps, tripped into puddles, and had torn apart her dress. Unknown to her though. That for the past half hour. Someone was listening. Three someone's in fact. Following, listening, back tracking. She finally sits under a tree, her crying getting louder. That was when they felt that she wasn't bait. That she was in fact a lost young girl. The three jump down from the trees landing beside her.

Understandable, she screams trying to stand. Kakashi crunches down to her leave holding his hands up.

"You're okay." He says to her. "You're okay." She sniffs wiping at her eyes. "I'm here to help you find your daddy." She perks up. She walks to him letting him pick her up. She lays her head down on his shoulder continuing to sniff.

"What are we going to do Kakashi Sensei?" Naruto asks.

"We take her to the leaf. We don't know where she came from. But our village is the closest. If anyone has lost her, they are either from our village, visiting, or traveling by."

"Well let's get going then." Sakura says leading the way. "Her family is probably worried."

҉҉҉

"Peek a boo!" Naruto says uncovering the girl's eyes causing her to giggle.

"Narrruuto. Please. Play a different game." Sakura says rubbing her temples.

"But she loves this game."

"Peek a boo!" The girl yells covering her eyes.

"See!" Sakura groans walking to Kakashi.

"Can we leave him with the girl's family too?" She asks. Kakashi laughs without glancing up from his book.

"I would love to but I don't think Tsunade would be very happy with us."

"It's worth a try." Kakashi seems to take a bit of mercy putting his book away walking beside Naruto holding out his arms. Naruto reluctantly hands her over.

"What's your name sweetheart?" He asks pushing her hair away from her eyes.

"Oh, her name is Ayako, Kakashi Sensei." He stops looking to Naruto confusion clouding his face. "She told me when we were playing games."

". . . Of course she did." He looks back to Ayako giving her a sweet smile. "Ayako sweetie, do you have a clue where we could find your dad?" She giggles covering her eyes. She peeks at him through her fingers before saying.

"Rock!"

҉҉҉

Kakashi sits in front of Tsunade with Ayako sitting on his lap.

"Thank you for the report Kakashi. I'll finish the paper work and I'll send over someone so you can fill out some more information about miss Ayako. Get her to the hospital and have someone look her over. Nothing seems wrong with her but you can never be too careful. Afterword's you my take her home. Clean her up a bit." Kakashi nods. "Good. You're dismissed." He leaves out the window to Ayako's amusement. He jumps around from building to building having more fun than he will ever admit to anyone else. But just listening to Ayako burst with laughter with every jump just made it that much funnier. By the time they actually got to the hospital he was a little reluctant to hand her over. Thankfully they allowed him to follow. He sat across from her watching as they moved her around checking her over. They healed a few small cuts that were on her arms and feet, which caused her to cry at first but by the end she was giggling again wiggling her toes. Soon they were able to walk out together. Quickly running into Sakura. A few bags in her hand.

"Kakashi I was just heading to your place."

"What for?" She holds out the bags.

"I don't think you'd know anything about girl's clothes so I decided to buy her some." He takes them smiling.

"I greatly appreciate it. I honestly didn't think about it." She laughs.

"Thought so. Sasuke will be home soon from his solo mission, Naruto and I will be waiting for him. We'll stop by your home after."

"Why?"

"Naruto's been dying to see her again."

"And Sasuke? I'm sure he wouldn't be bother by Ayako. He hates kids."

"I know. But haven't you noticed? Ayako looks so much like him. I wanted to show him."

⌛⌛⌛

Kakashi was surprised at how quickly the three had arrived. He had just finished giving her a bath when he heard knocking. They walked in by themselves.

"Ayako!" Naruto yells. Kakashi sighs as she began to get antsy, making it difficult to put her clothes on. He finally opened the door letting her run out. She stopped short though. Staring up at Sasuke who stared down at her. In that moment, they both saw the same thing. Itachi. And soon she was crying running to his legs.

"Daddy." She says holding up her hands. They all stand there frozen watching as Sasuke slowly reaches down picking her up. She buries her head into his neck. He looks to Kakashi. However, before he can ask him anything Gai slams open the door.

"Team 7 is needed!" He yells. "The Akatsuki are attacking!"