"I don't understand. Who is this boy, what's going to happen to Earth? Why did you pick me?" I begged, desperate for an answer. This was too much. How was I supposed to change the world?! I could barley keep my own powers in check!

I saw all the women smile softly. "You were chosen Lila, because you are strong. Stronger than you realize. And you will have to be, for the path in front of you is a perilous one indeed." The woman in the middle said kindly. Suddenly everything was becoming more and more hazy, and I felt heavy and slow.

"Someone is trying to wake you my dear, we have to go." the woman on the left said almost sadly. They turned their backs to me, walking away. I tried to call back to them, but my mouth felt dry and my tongue heavy, making it impossible for me to form words. The woman in the middle stopped and turned her head around slightly. I caught a glimpse of her eyes. They were striking, looking as if they were made out of molten gold.

"And the most important thing I can tell you child, is.........have faith that all will end well. Never lose that faith, and your enemy can never gain the upper hand. Farewell Lila." Everything was engulfed by the strange purple fog.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

"Kid, kid, come on, wake up kid!" I heard someone yell as they shook me back and forth like a rag doll. I shot straight up like a rocket, breathing heavily. My forehead hit the ceiling, and I let out a groan as I rubbed my head.

"Are you okay kid?" I heard someone, who I figured had to be Happy, ask. I looked up to see the man turned all the way around in the driver's seat, his arm dangling over his chair as he craned his head to get a glance at me.

"Yeah, I'm fine Happy, just feeling a little under the weather. You can go back to Pepper and tell her I made it home okay, she gave me a key to the building" I said as I opened the car door and stepped out into the freezing New York air.

"Are you sure?" Happy asked, looking a little torn as to what he should do as I opened the trunk and got all my shopping bags.  I waved him off, telling him that I was really fine and just needed some more rest. The driver nodded, and was soon speeding off into busy Time Square traffic. I let out a huge sigh and made my way over to Stark Tower.

I walked into the lobby and headed over to the private elevators. I waved my key in front of a sensor, making the doors open. I clicked on the kitchen/family room's level, and soon I was shooting upwards.

I thought over everything in my dream. I could write it off as some stupid, random thing, but even I didn't believe that. I remember every second of that dream, and usually I forget most of my dreams in a couple of minutes if they're not regular ones. And believe me, that was not something I've ever dreamt about before.

I stepped out of the elevator as I came to the floor. All of the lights were off, and I walked towards the kitchen, dropping my bags at the end of the couch when I passed it. Even the huge windows were letting in little light, blocked by huge curtains. Must be a way the building saves energy, I thought. I flipped on the kitchen lights, getting myself a snack from the fridge. I suddenly heard a crash. My head snapped around as I tried to find the source of the noise.

"JARVIS, what was that?" I ask quietly. The AI doesn't answer, which worries me. I grab a rolling pin from one of the kitchen drawers and slowly make my way towards the living room. I hear another crash, this one sounding father away, coming from the hallway. I walk down the corridor cautiously, and contemplate taking off my shoes. I look down at my feet and see little blood drops right by my left foot. I look behind me and see the blood dotting the carpet ever few feet. It's the same in front of me. Whoever is in here has left me a trail.

I follow the blood around a few corners, until it leads me to a door marked AC Unit. I stood ready with my rolling pin, holding it like a base ball bat. I hesitate for a few seconds. What could happen when I open the door? I at least have some advantage, seeing as the person was injured, and by the amount of blood, they were injured bad. With that thought, I grab the handle and swing open the door, about to knock someone senseless. That is, until I saw the sight before me.

It was a boy, about my age. He had a mess of black hair and dark green eyes. Eyes that were filled with fear. He's only wearing a pair of cloth pants that look are shredded beyond repair. But the worse is his body. He's covered in bruises, cuts, and burns, all ranging from bad to worse. He holds his left wrist closely to his chest, giving me the impression that it was broken. He's squeezed himself tightly into the corner, legs and arms folded very close to the rest of his body.

I drop the rolling pin, and it crashes to the ground. The boys flinches at the sound, and I drop to my knees to help him. I can tell he's lost a lot of blood, as he can barley hold his own head up. I put both my hands on either sides of his face gently, and again he flinches. I direct his head up enough so that I can look him in the eyes. His eyes are clouded with exhaustion, but a look of wonderment and relief spreads through them as he looks up at my face.

"It's you." is all he whispers as he falls unconscious.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo

I know I promised that you would see Clint and Natasha, but I forgot that I needed to get this chapter done before you see them again. But don't worry, next chapter, they're back ;). And I did deliver my action, just not the kind you were expecting. Mwa ha ha ha! Anyway, as you can see, things are starting to heat up. FINALLY! Hope you all had as much fun reading this as I did writing this! Comment, vote, and follow!

-Your evil Author