Chapter Twelve: Unforeseen Discoveries

Start from the beginning

Duzna opened the massive door and peeked his head out. Vestomer did not hear the words he spoke, but within seconds Duzna returned with a girl.

She wore a black cloak that draped to her feet, dark leather boots, which were only visible when she took a step, and a hood that covered her face. Her presents seemed to bring an eerie, un-natural feeling of hate.

Not the kind of hate Vestomer had toward the Magic Born, but a hate she had brought. It barricaded all emotions, except the desire to hate everything and everyone, but her.

When Duzna and his guest arrived at Vestomer's feet, they bowed, then the girl calming removed her hood reviling her face. As the king uncontrollably gazed into her eyes the anger rapidly increase, and hate boiled in his vein, more so than before she entered.

The girl's irises were blacker than night, darker than death, and more enchanting than any siren's song. Her black hair flowed like river of tormented souls heading to the underworld. More bizarre then her features, was a distance sense of boldness creping through her smirk.

"Adisa! That is your king, DO NOT play with his mind!" Duzna ordered. Immediately the feeling of unknown hate evaded Vestomer's body.

"Oh she'll do just fine, the children won't see her coming, she'll attack, snuffing out there hope, and leaving them in despair." Vestomer held a despicably evil smile upon his face as the words left his mouth.

"How will I find them?" Adisa pondered aloud to Duzna.

Duzna reached into his cloak and pulled out a vile, which was attached to a chain around his neck. He removed the necklace and detached the vile of liquid.

The evil sorcerer lift the vile to eye level, and for the first time since the castle fire, a hint, a tiny fragment, a miniscule of sadness dangled in his pupils.

"This vile contains the blood of my son. He was a Magic Born, such as I, and when the Rebels decided to attack I left him, hidden in the forest, but extracted his blood. So what ever happened, where ever I was, I could find him."

Adisa stood, not moved by Duzna's story. "And you can use someone's blood to find them?"

"Only if they are bound to you by blood. The vile will glow brighter as you come closer to your target." Duzna unsheathed his knife and sliced a gash into his palm.

He closed his hand a squeezed until a trail of blood dripped into the vile. Duzna swirled the liquid until it began to emit a faint light. "Now Adisa Rathmore, you can find Rayner Moonfall." Unfortunately the feeling of pity was limited and left Duzna's body with the words he spoke.

Adisa snatched the vile from Duzna's hand and laughed. "When I return their bodies will not be recognizable..." Adisa raised her hands and Duzna backed away.

Every shadow in the corridor shrieked and slithered to her finger tips. Soon she was standing in the eye of a swirling vortex of darkness. The cloud of pitch blackness spun faster and faster until it shriveled into nothingness, along with Adisa.

"Where has she gone?!" Vestomer sprung from his seat, confused.

"To retrieve the children, as you requested." Duzna replied.

"I know! But how!?" Vestomer raged, perplexed at the situation. 

"Her powers of darkness allow her to seep into a shadow, and emerge into another." Duzna informed.

Vestomer's raised eyebrow lowered, his grim look of confusion evaporated, and the anger wrinkles on his forehead faded. 

"Well then, all is going according to plan..." Vestomer spoke calming, then re-seated himself upon his throne.